Skip to main content
Topic: T04E Questions (Read 2591 times) previous topic - next topic

T04E Questions

Reply #15
I would try to get a T3, with a .48 A/R if possible. They spool just a bit earlier than the .63, and are still a great upgrade over the IHI. You should have to problem putting on a good used T3 with required parts for your budget.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

T04E Questions

Reply #16
well ive found a few within my budget. Now to find the rest of what i need to finish it off.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

T04E Questions

Reply #17
goodluck with it man. when you get a turbo, if you can you should post up some pics.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

T04E Questions

Reply #18
will do!

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

T04E Questions

Reply #19
Quote from: bhazard;321709
Dude its the same thing, China junk. You CANT get a real turbo thats gonna hold up for less than $500 or so. Unless its used. You can get clean holsets for a couple hundred.

I have been running these on my TC for the past 4 years and making awesome power.  now are you going to tell me mine is junk?  :rollin:

T04E Questions

Reply #20
Quote from: 88turbo;321886
I have been running these on my TC for the past 4 years and making awesome power.  now are you going to tell me mine is junk?  :rollin:

lol you made that sound like you have had more then "one of those" turbos. i read one a honda form(keep your friends close but enemies closer) that a guy had a godspeed turbo for the last 3 years now and it was just starting to get very little shaft play. but ive heard bad things about them too. it might just be luck but a airesearch or evergreen T3's are well built turbos.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

T04E Questions

Reply #21
Generic turbos don't last. I had a JDM Sport (seals failed), then an EMUSA (seals failed also), and now a Precision Garret (no problems).

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

T04E Questions

Reply #22
Quote from: SR71blackbird;321904
lol you made that sound like you have had more then "one of those" turbos. i read one a honda form(keep your friends close but enemies closer) that a guy had a godspeed turbo for the last 3 years now and it was just starting to get very little shaft play. but ive heard bad things about them too. it might just be luck but a airesearch or evergreen T3's are well built turbos.

yes I have had more than one, bought one and ran it for a while and thought I was having an issue with it so I bought another one and me being nice let a buddy drive my car and he rodde3d the hell out of it flew in his drive way and shut the engine off not giving the poor thing time to spool down.  Lets just say the bearings didnt last very long at high rpms and no oil flow :( so now I am back to running the original that has been on for 3 years now.

T04E Questions

Reply #23
Quote from: 88turbo;321922
yes I have had more than one, bought one and ran it for a while and thought I was having an issue with it so I bought another one and me being nice let a buddy drive my car and he rodde3d the hell out of it flew in his drive way and shut the engine off not giving the poor thing time to spool down.  Lets just say the bearings didnt last very long at high rpms and no oil flow :( so now I am back to running the original that has been on for 3 years now.

oh i see. friends are crazy, what can ya do.. but thats cool your cheap turbo has lasted so long. was it just an ebay one with no name?

T04E Questions

Reply #25
Quote from: 88turbo;322000
yes, this all I run as far as upgrades.  faster than the imports here ;)

well in my book thats all that matters :cheers:

T04E Questions

Reply #26
got a teaser pic for yall..... Enjoy!

P.S. Sorry for the py pic (cell phone).

Got that fox rash again!

T04E Questions

Reply #28
what are the specs? very cool btw
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

T04E Questions

Reply #29
on the cold side its a A/R .50 and the hot side its A/R .63. So she will spool quick and be alot of fun.

Got that fox rash again!