Skip to main content
Topic: Microsoft WTF (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

Microsoft WTF

So ive been using my debit card as a payment method for month-to-month xbox live... i cancelled it because i knew i couldnt be spending anymore. for the engine only. it said itll expire the 27th, no big deal, and i managed my money right and got what i needed with 36 cents left to spare in my checking account. Then three days before my xbox live expires, microsoft charges me 7.99 for xbox live that expires in 3 days..... :mad::punchballs: I am so friggen ticked i needed to vent it somewhere, do they charge at the end of every month or what??????? I emailed microsoft but i really doubt that will do me any good.

Microsoft WTF

Reply #1
I learned my "cushion money" lesson back when I was 19. I used to manage my money to the penny too. Then my wife ordered something off home shopping club, and they offered her a deal on some wrinkle cream... yeah she's as smooth as a baby's butt, so she declined. They sent it anyway, and charged my account $80! For friggin wrinkle cream! It took forever to get a refund, meanwhile a couple small checks bounced because of it...

I have 3 bank accounts- one for business, one for savings, and one just for bills. I keep enough to pay the bills plus $100 in there. You never know when gay fees will hit. Be ready for them, because if you aren't, the bank will have some more gay fees for ya!
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Microsoft WTF

Reply #2
YEP :( lol i was kinda proud of myself for being able to manage that tight of an account until that happened

Microsoft WTF

Reply #3
That sucks. I buy those prepaid cards, I've heard too many stories like this. I'm done with the 360 anyway, the PS3 has free online :D
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Microsoft WTF

Reply #4
They tend to do that... I just try and get around it by removing my payment info after each months payment, Or not doing Auto monthly payments.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Microsoft WTF

Reply #5
What has worked for me is to round each transaction up to the next dollar before I subtract it from the total in the check register.  So for each transaction I make with my debit card, I'm saving a few cents.  Like a piggy bank.  I've been doing it for a while now and have been able to save an extra $550 that way so far, but I leave that money in the account as a sort of overdraft protection.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Microsoft WTF

Reply #6
I only pay in cash or money order. The bank is only for holding money.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Microsoft WTF

Reply #7
i bought a card for like 50 bucks or something and got xbox live gold for 13 months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Microsoft WTF

Reply #8
yeah thats prepaid, its the easiest way to go...

Microsoft WTF

Reply #9
You need to go online and delete your card information, it won't let you do it over the xbox.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Microsoft WTF

Reply #10
Yeah that's how I've tried deleting my info.  It says it's in use and won't let me.