Skip to main content
Topic: Delete A/C. TAD/TAB solinoids (Read 2096 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete A/C. TAD/TAB solinoids

I did the engine swap in my bird and I removed the a/c compressor, lines, condensor and aspoogeulator. I have to pull the heater plenum to replaced the heater core so i figured I would pull the a/c core too and block off the holes. But I was going to ask about the a/c vacuum line. If i disconnect that and cap it of what will happen?

Also I am running no emmissions system on my car and I have no cats. So can I remove the TAB TAD solinoids? Also ther is a third solinoid in the same area  of the passenger strut tower. What is that for?

Thanks guys
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #2
A/C vac line?  Doesn't that run the HVAC controls?  If you still want a selectable defrost, vent, and floor heater, it's best to leave the vac line connected.

Reply #3
Quote from: 86caprirs;319443

Also I am running no emmissions system on my car and I have no cats. So can I remove the TAB TAD solinoids? Also ther is a third solinoid in the same area  of the passenger strut tower. What is that for?

Thanks guys

Third unit is for EGR.

TAB/TADs need to stay there, or be replaced by resistors.  Feel free to remove the Vac lines though.  The EGR is always controversial.  I leave it up to you.  If you want it gone, it's just another resistor and a block of plate.  Check out this site for the parts:
http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9

Reply #4
Quote from: joefriday;319659
Third unit is for EGR.

TAB/TADs need to stay there, or be replaced by resistors.
Feel free to remove the Vac lines though.  The EGR is always controversial.  I leave it up to you.  If you want it gone, it's just another resistor and a block of plate.  Check out this site for the parts:
http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9

why is this?  mine is long gone like I stated above and I left them unplugged with no problems at all.....

Reply #5
It will store a code.  On some models, it will actually throw the CEL

Reply #7
A guy at work said he just dissconected his TAB , TAD and the other including the vacuum lines and no light came on. He said it actully made his Mustang run better because there was a vacuum leak in one if the hard plastic lines.

The A/C line does feed the system. I will leave that alone.
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Reply #8
OK. So I have the check engine light on with the A9L and the solinoids gone. I guess I need resistors to fool the computer.

Reply #9
Quote from: joefriday;319665
It will store a code.  On some models, it will actually throw the CEL

These will not cause the vehicle to switch to FMEM.  It will still run in closed loop.  The CEL can be cause for a failed inspection though...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #10
I also have the purge valve dissconnected to the evap canister. Had no where to run the hose too. Thats why the light is on.