Reply #15
what valve covers are those?

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #16
That's Ok, I don't have a show car either. One day I will
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #17
I drive the old Sport like I stole it.....but the love between her and is strong.She's taken great care of me since I got her from the boneyard.It was density.....I mean....DESTINY .LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #18
Quote from: 81bird;318285
what valve covers are those?

They're UPR polished aluminum covers.I was looking at a lot of different covers,and wanted something a little different.I had the factory kind,Ford racing,and Cobra covers.I wanted to simplify the overall look,and,with the Cobra badge on the intake,I thought that Cobra covers was overkill.It's like those guys with the Chevys,and they have to have Bow Ties and the word "Chevrolet" everywhere.I don't need to have everything set up like a billboard.As I stated.....simple yet effective.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #20
Purple wires, nice touch Vinn.

What color is the upper intake gonna be?  Are you using your old polished Exploorer?
Mike

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #21
:D Vinnie, are you going to put a turbo on it?
Ride the Thunder & Feel the Power

Vinnie's engine pics.

Reply #22
Thanks again for the compliments. As far as a turbo...no.If anything,I may supercharge it one day......a long time from now.The wires will be (they're in the box on top of the covered engine),blue Taylor wires with 90 degree plug boots. One of my friends brought the engine hoist over yesterday evening and dropped it off for the Monday excitement...maybe.Rain is in the forecast....of course.Hopefully not.If the weather looks nice enough,I'll start pulling things apart Sunday evening to get a head start.

Yes,the polished explorer upper intake is going back on. I like it.Even though there are better intakes out there,this one is my favorite.It does need to be re-polished (very dirty right now),that's easy and I can tend to that any time after the engine is installed.Right now,I need to get the big work done.Detailing will happen when it happens,like next weekend when I'm off,I'll spend one day polishing,a little painting,etc.