Skip to main content
Topic: Ford's "Coyote" project unveiled! (Read 1237 times) previous topic - next topic

Ford's "Coyote" project unveiled!

Just got done looking at Hot Rod Mag's article on Ford's new Engine to go in mustangs starting 2011! The New 5.0! lol DOHC putting out about 412hp.... im liking it... and the style is so cool... Think we could fit these into our cars guys? :mullet: lol btw apparently we arent allowed to title the new 5.0 the Coyote, it was just a code name :(

Reply #1
It's great to see Ford step up and answer GM with some real competition in both the V6 and V8 pony car slots, but they unveiled the Coyote months ago.

As for Coyote's, I'm waiting for the province wide cull to begin. (Carmen, Thunderchicken, you know what I'm talking about) These things are not only getting uncharacteristically brazen, but they've been interbreeding with dogs and wolves, so they're also scary big now. They don't even belong here, so let's kill the buggers off. Problem solved. A fellow was cornered by ONE this week. When I was a kid, you didn't have to be afraid of Coyote's unless they were circling in a pack. Now they're big and brave enough to take on a full grown man on their own. All of a sudden I wish we didn't have a ban on side-arms. (bring on the hallelujahs from some select members who thought I'd never say that)

Reply #2
Try did? Well I'm late. Haha oh well hot rod was late too then.

Reply #3
No worries. ;) It's great to see the pony car wars evolve past simple design and into powertrains.

Reply #4
Quote from: oldraven;314778
All of a sudden I wish we didn't have a ban on side-arms. (bring on the hallelujahs from some select members who thought I'd never say that)

I KNEW there was hope for ya! ;):rollin:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
When I first started deer hunting there was a bounty on coyotes, but they removed it. I guess they figured any deer hunter who saw a coyote would shoot it anyway. Which is pretty much true. I've seen hundreds of coyotes while driving or riding the ATV around the cottage (and even hit one in my old '66 Galaxie 500 about 20 years ago right in town) but I've never seen one while carrying my rifle.

The problem with urban and suburban coyotes is that they are not hunted - hunters head away from towns, not into them...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

repost

Reply #6
:repost:

I believe that is an old issue of Hotrod you have there...I just got the new one yesterday that has a 80's model Camaro on the front that is currently being built by Troy Trepanier (or however you spell that).
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #7
Yeah thats the issue with all the metal cars, none are painted in that picture, no the one before that

Reply #9
I was never a fan of black on the 05-09's, but for some reason it just looks PERFECT on the '10+ cars!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!