Skip to main content
Topic: Tin foil Mod (Read 2939 times) previous topic - next topic

Tin foil Mod

Reply #15
Here's a pic of my old Cougar lights with the chrome paint. This is just the taillights on.:burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Tin foil Mod

Reply #16
Quote from: 88CougarGT;318647
I had messed with "chrome" spraypaint in the past and it just came out like sliver colored paint.  Maybe its better now.  Thats why I stayed away from it.  Maybe on the next set.  Pics!

While the paint never replicates chrome it does have a foil-like quality that regular silver paint does not have. I used the Duplicolor brand and I was impressed with the difference.

Tin foil Mod

Reply #17
Quote from: Watchdevil;318715
I used the Duplicolor brand and I was impressed with the difference.

Yes, I used duplicolor as well, also in my taillights, and it was excellent, but, be warned, do not use it in any exterior area of your car, or any other area that recieves direct sunlight, such as mirrors, body, doorhandles...etc, b/c it will fade like the $3.00 junk that it is, and turn flat gray.

I speak from multiple brainless experiences.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Tin foil Mod

Reply #18
Quote from: sarjxxx;319212
Yes, I used duplicolor as well, also in my taillights, and it was excellent, but, be warned, do not use it in any exterior area of your car, or any other area that recieves direct sunlight, such as mirrors, body, doorhandles...etc, b/c it will fade like the $3.00 junk that it is, and turn flat gray.

I speak from multiple brainless experiences.

I had a feeling from the get-go that it might do that so I would never trust it for any exposed finishing in trim. For my interior I will stick with the Duplicolor Ultra Silver I used on extra trim pieces which I painted to match the factory aluminum dash trim on my Mustang. I have no desire but to use original factory trim colors on the exterior.