Skip to main content
Topic: The BondoBird (Read 5786 times) previous topic - next topic

The BondoBird

Reply #15
Quote from: Eliminator;312974
Some more pix of the progress. Had to cut holes at the bottom of the window in back where water collected and rusted em out. My first welding ever, and I did the patch holes. Two valuable lessons were learned, one rear deck speakers that are 24 years old are flammable and always use a welding blanket! lol:flame:

Good Work, Now come fix mine! :rollin:
I have rust issues n the same spots, The only major body rust I've encountered so far.. :punchballs:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

more work pix

Reply #16
here are more pix. Have to repaint driver's side (can see through it in strong sunlight) and I messed up on some clearcoat. Heres a shot of the seat theme too

The BondoBird

Reply #17
-nice work!
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

The BondoBird

Reply #18
Man...LUCKY!  Lol.  I've always wanted a silver 86 V8 TBird, with red interior, for a sleeper car build.  HO conversion with Ported E7s, Tmoss ported lower, roller rockers, extrude honed exhaust manifolds, true dual exhaust, and a hidden under manifold nitrous kit.  Stock interior.  Widened stock steelies for the rear.  That would be a fun ride.

The BondoBird

Reply #19
Quote from: joefriday;319409
Man...LUCKY!  Lol.  I've always wanted a silver 86 V8 TBird, with red interior, for a sleeper car build.  HO conversion with Ported E7s, Tmoss ported lower, roller rockers, extrude honed exhaust manifolds, true dual exhaust, and a hidden under manifold nitrous kit.  Stock interior.  Widened stock steelies for the rear.  That would be a fun ride.

It would cost more in machine work for the E7's then it would just to pick up a set of GT40's off of a 97 explorer.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

The BondoBird

Reply #20
There's a lot of car painting going on around here this year.... Good job on the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

The BondoBird

Reply #21
Quote from: Clintd;319429
It would cost more in machine work for the E7's then it would just to pick up a set of GT40's off of a 97 explorer.

You miss the point.  GT40s have external features that make them identifiable.  E7 vs E6?  Almost impossible.

The BondoBird

Reply #22
wait 97 Exploders' heads were GT40s???

The BondoBird

Reply #23
Quote from: joefriday;319464
You miss the point.  GT40s have external features that make them identifiable.  E7 vs E6?  Almost impossible.

The three bars on the front of the heads are Coverd by the accessories and if you realy want stelth you could grind the "GT" off of the corner of the head. The plugs are in the same position on GT40 heads.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

The BondoBird

Reply #24
Quote from: Eliminator;319591
wait 97 Exploders' heads were GT40s???

Most of them .The early 97's if I remember right.After that,GT40-P heads...which,I finally have.The "P" heads are great,and the plug angle is different.More centralized.The BBK shorty headers (unequal length) are working great as well.Mine were ported and etc.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

some taillight mods

Reply #25
Heres some of the work I did on the Birds tailights which were not bright. I painted them with CHROME (lol) paint and they look pretty good. Its easy to remove the inner reflectors (like on an 87-88 Cougar) so Im thinking about it.

The BondoBird

Reply #26
lets try this again

The BondoBird

Reply #27
that is exactly my plan for the headlights on my tbird. have everything here except time and motivation.

thanks for the motivation!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

The BondoBird

Reply #28
That's how I did my tail lights.Made a huge difference.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

The BondoBird

Reply #29
Quote from: Eliminator;322745
lets try this again

I did that too with the same paint you used!