Skip to main content
Topic: tales of Christmas loot (Read 2850 times) previous topic - next topic

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #15
Quote from: HAVI;303939
I didn't get anything, but Mother Nature sure is giving it to me! :punchballs:
Ok, how about tales of Christmas debt.  I just snapped the plow blade clean off the frame. :shoothead
1987 TC

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #16
The usual copious amounts of socks and chocolates, a Kershaw Leek CKT (very cool knife), a 2 ton hydraulic jack perfect for my trunk (if I had a spare in it), a pair of jeans, two jackets for work, $150 cash, Harley Davidson gift card, Pink Floyd toque.

I'll get pictures of the knife and jack after my phone charges.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Here are the pics:

CKT model so its all black, assisted opening, blade is sharp enough to shave with, yes I tried.

Good size for the trunk as I said before, gonna try it out tomorrow.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #17
Santa was really good to me this year. I acted as my own Santa for most of it, but used Christmas as an excuse to splurge, since things have been going exceptionally well with me, what with my re-entering the workforce and losing 100 pounds (and having big, secret plans for the future). Since going back to work meant essentially dismantling my garage tool collection to bring tools to work I had to re-mantle it. I did so by scanning Canadian Tire flyers since mid October and looking for sales, and found some doozies as you'll see below...

My haul:

• 51 lbs cooked lobster (you've already seen my thread about it)
  • Complete new wardrobe (losing the weight made this necessary, as 2XL shirts and 44" waist pants didn't fit any more). The new wardrobe included several pairs of jeans (32" waist) and shirts (M), the obligatory underwear and socks, plus two very nice "hand-me-down" leather jackets from my brother
  • 95-piece Mastercraft air tool set including 1/2" impact gun, air chisel, 3/8" air ratchet, 1/4" air die grinder, tire inflator, blow gun, and a bunch of accessories
  • Siphon feed paint sprayer *this was actually free, it was included as a bonus with the air tool set above as part of a promotion* The air tool set was regular $249.99, marked down to $99.99 with the free sprayer ($70 value)
  • 32 piece Mastercraft Maximum combination wrench set with metric wrenches (6 to 24mm) and SAE (1/4 to 1-1/8")
  • Two 7-piece Mastercraft Maximum "stubby" combination wrench sets (SAE and metric) *these were free too, included as a bonus with the wrench set above*. The wrench set was regular $150 marked down to $60 plus the free wrench sets ($50 value)
  • 49 piece 1/2" drive impact socket set including deep and shallow SAE and metric impact sockets
  • 1/2" electric impact gun. This was free too, included as a bonus with the socket set (you can still see the bonus sticker on the socket set case). The set was originally $200, on sale for $100, and had the bonus electric impact gun
  • 40-piece screwdriver set, was on sale for $29.99 (regular $79.99)
  • 14" abrasive wheel metal cutoff saw
  • wrisc00chch
  • Four books (Wrapped Up Foxtrot, Zits: My Bad, Sherman's Lagoon: Confessions of a Swinging Sea Turtle, and Garfield: Fat Cat 3-Pack Vol 14). I collect comic strip collections
A pic of most of the loot (jeans, watch and books not shown)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #18
Good good! Keep 'em comin'!!! :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #19
Got an Apple Magic Mouse, Torque wrench, misc. hand tools for work, extra cordless tool batteries, jeans, work boots, shirts, my Gt40p heads a couple weeks ago, couple bucks in cash. That's all I remember after 2 days of Christmas events.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #20
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;303958

• 1/2" electric impact gun. )
make sure to let us know how this works out,, been looking at getting one in either AC or DC

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #21
I got some pretty good stuff this year.
[LIST=1]
  • Hurst Competition Plus shifter for the Mustang
  • Left 4 Dead II for Xbox 360
  • Car cleaning kit
  • New dash for the T-bird (dashtops.com)
  • Some tools from Harbor Freight

I got some other small odds and ends too.  The coolest gift was either the dash cover or the shifter...gotta love hot rod stuff for the holidays!:burnout:
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #22
Quote from: HAVI;303954
Ok, how about tales of Christmas debt.  I just snapped the plow blade clean off the frame. :shoothead

Sorry to hear that. I know a welding shop I would NOT take it to! (Inside joke.)

I got some cool floor mats for my Torino!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #23
well i got good stuff from the wife but nothing tops the one i got from my mom...

She was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and as of yesterday she is cancer free and the docs have labled her a survivor!

Thats the best news anyone could get.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #24
The wife let me buy this.

She got this

Somehow i still envy the guy who got the lobster....:bowdown:
I was supposed to goto Maine for work last week.  The trip got cancelled due to weather.  Im kinda pissed i was planning on bringing back about 60 lobsters for family and friends.  Can't beat the price $4.50 per lb for live ones.  Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound FTW.  For anyone interested they are just outside of Bar Harbor.  And yes they ship em live.  Personally id never pay the shipping.  I just have em boxed up for checked luggage status.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #25
I got  1/2" electric impact gun from harbor freight.. Been using it since last year. works great
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #26
It's not so much what I got this year that made it great, but what my little girl got.

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #27
Quote from: 4bangen;304071
It's not so much what I got this year that made it great, but what my little girl got.

Time to do the conversion on it so she can start racing!
1986 Cougar LS

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #28
Quote from: DVP;304072
Time to do the conversion on it so she can start racing!

She's already kicking a$$ and taking names, I'm going to get some cones so she can learn to autoX:burnout:

tales of Christmas loot

Reply #29
MP3 player a couple necklaces, some earrings, candles, a snowman, and my mom gave us $50.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~