Skip to main content
Topic: Free to good home, t/c bumper cover (Read 1018 times) previous topic - next topic

Free to good home, t/c bumper cover

I have a spare t/c frt bumper cover from a 86 Bird if anyone has a interest. It will need to be picked up due to size but I can keep it (its stored inside now) till arrangements could be made. It has a small tear in the lower pass side corner, no missing pieces. I have it listed in a few places just trying to get someone who needs it so it doesnt go in the trash. I am between Buffalo and Erie. Free to a good home.

I also have a lt and rt door for a 87/88 Bird or Cougar, no rot. Taillights from a 86 T Bird T/C and a standard hood for a 83-88.
I would be willing to trade this stuff for a center console switch panel for my 86 XR7, it needs to have dual power seat openings.

I have thinned my collection down to 6 cars I am keeping and wont be needing these things.

Reply #1
I have one with dual power seat openings!

Reply #2
Are those front covers the same as cougars?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Quote from: daminc;303582
Are those front covers the same as cougars?

Dont know for a fact but it looks identical to the one on my 86 XR7

Reply #4
no the tc bumper covers come to a point in the middle. The cougar has a cut out where the grill sits.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #5
Quote from: Cougar8775;303644
no the tc bumper covers come to a point in the middle. The cougar has a cut out where the grill sits.

Are you sure about that?  My 86 XR7 doesnt come to a point and neither does this which came from a 86 T/C. My 87 Bird does come to a point but of course its a totally different nose on a 87 then 86

Reply #6
Curiosity got to me so I started searching and found this on Cool cats.

Front Bumpers 1983-86 Thunderbird/Cougar; 1984-86 XR-7 (and Cougar) can use 1984-86 Turbo Coupe front bumper w/foglight cutouts
**1987-88 Cougars use specific front bumpers and are different from Thunderbirds.

Reply #7
Guessing it looks like this then. Is this a TC front already then? I'm still TC challenged
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #8
Daminc,
  That is the same bumper cover thats on my XR7 and also the spare one I have.

Reply #9
Let me closely inspect mine... Is yours in great shape?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
the one on the vert jerry they used on the tc and the xr7 cougars that had the 4t in them.

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #11
I'm guessing it's not original to the car then. looks like a lot of stuff was replaced on the vert at one time. The car report said it was totaled at one time, and rebuilt in the 90s
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
Its times like this that I miss home. I grew up in Lewiston NY and could always find Cougars and Tbirds there. I was just in Buffalo last weekend too :(

Reply #13
humm so maybe they got the xr7 nose thinking hey all cougars of these years must all be the same.

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #14
Quote from: Eliminator;303903
Its times like this that I miss home. I grew up in Lewiston NY and could always find Cougars and Tbirds there. I was just in Buffalo last weekend too :(

Well, come on back for New Years and bring a truck. I have never had such a hard time giving away good pieces.