Skip to main content
Topic: any members from upstate n.y.? (Read 1870 times) previous topic - next topic

any members from upstate n.y.?

hey guys and gals! anyone on the site live is upstate ny? or am i the only hermit that lives around the adirondack mountains?:mullet: it would be nice to get a t bird club going on around here:D thanks, dwight

Reply #1
well i live in wny, in angola, bout 20 minutes south of buffalo

Reply #2
Just outta Albany here man!!!! :D Where Upstate are ya? Just had our first real snowfall around here today...aaaand they salted and everything, so it's finally the end, cougar's goin next to the house and the vic comes on the road monday. :(
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
I'm just a little southwest from you..................in Oklahoma.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I'm two blocks over in Ma.

Reply #6
I'm a few hrs. away in Buffalo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
yeah, im about 40 miles south of syracuse and north of pa line. we just got smacked with about 3 inches of snow last night. car is covered:evilgrin:!! looks like its hibernating for the winter! guilford is in the snow belt region in our part of the state. smack dab in the middle between norwich and binghampton. already cant wait till spring thaw!! thanks for replying, dwight

Reply #8
i'm about $40 bucks worth in tolls in long island

Reply #9
Quote from: birdman7;301364
yeah, we just got smacked with about 3 inches of snow last night. car is covered:evilgrin:!! looks like its hibernating for the winter! guilford is in the snow belt region in our part of the state. smack dab in the middle between norwich and binghampton. already cant wait till spring thaw!! thanks for replying, dwight

Glad to see you got the snow I sent over. We make it for everyone here in Buffalo. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
hey thanks for that early christmas present! thats one ya just cant take back! ya you guys invented the white stuff, the polar ice cap, the ice age, ahhh, you get the point:D:D:D

Reply #11
Quote from: birdman7;301364
yeah, im about 40 miles south of syracuse and north of pa line. we just got smacked with about 3 inches of snow last night. car is covered:evilgrin:!! looks like its hibernating for the winter! guilford is in the snow belt region in our part of the state. smack dab in the middle between norwich and binghampton. already cant wait till spring thaw!! thanks for replying, dwight

maybe im crazy but that wouldnt be upstate NY :P 
my 86 thunderbird currently resides up in massena, thats upstate... way upstate!
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Reply #12
Quote from: Ductape91;301595
maybe im crazy but that wouldnt be upstate NY :P 
my 86 thunderbird currently resides up in massena, thats upstate... way upstate!

no it really isn't, but everyone from that end of NY calls everything upstate for some reason. I have yet to figure it out. I think it's referred to the relation from NYC and the rest of the state.  I'm more up then most, and I'm not really considered upstate. We're Western NY.
There is no Eastern NY or southern or anything like that in terminology for our state. just western, upstate, central, and NY City.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
what really crazy, factor in were in the "southern tier" of ny! its really quite confusing. im LOST!!! wheres my "tom,tom"!!!

Reply #14
Well, I thought I lived in the "southern tier" of NY. I am south of buffalo and about as west as you can get in this dumb state.