Skip to main content
Topic: Long shifting problem on AOD Cougar - daily driver (Read 1757 times) previous topic - next topic

Long shifting problem on AOD Cougar - daily driver

Reply #15
Check the lever at the trans to make sure that its returning all the way.i had to put a spring on the lever or my trans does the same thing.second get a locar cable they are more adjustable i like mine.summit has them

Reply #16
My transmission is acting the same way. It will still go into OD but not until likr 43 or 44 when it used to do it at 40. The motor went into the car a year ago and the tv cable was set. Are they move out of alignment this frequently? I'm in college and don't drive the car too often, I'm worried if I realign it, it'll come back out shortly.

Suggestions?

Reply #17
watch the bad shoe productions video on setting the TV cable. If that doesn't fix it, time to talk to a transmission shop if you want to keep the car drivable.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
what video? I'm sorry? I set it according to the Blue Ford Manulas. Bad shoe production? what?

Reply #19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3hNzxdiYw
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com