Skip to main content
Topic: H1N1 (swine flu) (Read 2728 times) previous topic - next topic

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #15
for those of you who dont get the politically correct shots, join the team.

its over rated and honestly, there isnt nothing to be gained in my opinion.

Just as of late, the CDC has spent most of its time researching how,,,,,,,,,

"gun ownership has an effect on your welfare"

instead of doing thier job.  The nurses union fought back on the H1N1 vac though, good job on thier part.

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #16
Quote from: jcassity;295893
fthe CDC has spent most of its time researching how,,,,,,,,,

"gun ownership has an effect on your welfare"

instead of doing thier job.

Really? I'll have to look into this.

I guess the flu and aids and cancer and autism and f*ck-all-else has surely been cured, so now they feel obligated to stereotype people who own firearms? (legally...)

Oh sweet shiznit in a shoebox...what in the blue hell are things turning into?
:punchballs: :flame:

The feds better ban cigarettes, cars, knives, baseball bats, booze, and yes, even our beloved rock and roll music (we ALL know that kills, right? :rolleyes:
Because as long as there are idiots (including, by my calculations, 94.5% of the Feds themselves) there's going to be violent crimes.

Hell, I think we ought to just ban people! Problem solved baby! :D

Ok, political silliness aside, I've not really heard anything good about the shots. I reckon if i get sick Friday, and die Monday, well, my bad. Them's the breaks. Will y'all send flowers or a card? lol j/k

ummm...yeah, flu shots....nahh, not for me.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #17
i personally dont worry about this. and dont do anything medical.  I am pretty sure that after my mothers recent trip to england we have both been exposed.  im not worried. i die today i die in 40 years... my time is my time.  i dont want anyone else to "save" me to live longer nor anyone to help me do so.  just my 2 cents

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #18
I spent all day yesterday and most of the night with fever and chills.I think I'm over the biggest part of it.I was so miserable my hair hurt.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #19
my great nephew just got over it.
it is in our town too, my kids get vaccinated Monday at school.
We have little Jacob to be concerned with so anything that will help prevent any sickness is worth doing for us.
We are also using antibacterial hand gels... I got them from Avon for $.99.  they have a nice scent and kill 99% of cold and flu germs.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #20
My project manager hasn't been in work for the past week.. He called last thursday, he sounded like hell.. friday he sent an email for me to check his email to sort out any possible client issues.. that's the last we've heard from him.. no phe calls. wouldn't answer his phone.. nothing..

We're actualyl really worried.. he has a 3 year old son who he said last wednesday was also very very sick. So we have NO IDEA what's going on there.

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #21
 Alex, somebody better be for checking into that...

Kinda scary
'98 Explorer 5.0

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #22
Yeah, that sounds pretty bad.  I would get someone on that.  Is it just him and the kid?
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #23
we tried checking into it.. he didn't pick up his phone, or cell, emergency contact (his wife) didn't pick up either..

he did email today though.. said this:

"I appologize I am having a terrible week. I will not be able to make it into work today.
I will try to make it in for tomorrow. "

so at least he's alive.. but that doesn't say anythign positive really (or about his kid rather).

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #24
If he's talking about coming to work tomorrow,he's getting everything taken care of.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #25
Yeah...if something happened to my Cole...well...work would be the last thing I'd worry about. And that's being as mild as possible with that sentiment.

At least things are lookin' up for the guy.. :bowdown: That's the main thing!
'98 Explorer 5.0

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #26
This stuff is hyped to the max, im sorry but 885 dead? please not an epidemic like the news tries to make it.

[Puts flame retardant suit on]

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #28
Quote from: softtouch;296012
A little history lesson:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

Definately interesting that it's so overlooked, but still doesn't change my mind.

If people get piece of mind by getting a vaccine, good for them, they should definately go through with it. If my stubbornness gets me killed, well, I guess I had it coming to me.

I'm a big fan of everybody getting to make their own decisions. I have a problem with people telling me that I HAVE to get a vaccine when it's a personal choice. I won't tell somebody do it or don't, but I will give my opinion when asked. We have a swine flu breakout 2 towns away and I'm still not worried. People are going to get sick, it happens. I just refuse to live in fear of everything every day.

Alex, it sounds as though things are going better for your coworker and I'm glad you guys heard from him. If both him and his kid were that sick I'm sure everybody has just been exhausted from taking care of it and checking e-mail or in with work was just the last thing on their minds. Hopefully he'll have some good news for you all,but I wouldn't be too surprised if you guys don't see him until Monday if you're on a standard work schedule.

H1N1 (swine flu)

Reply #29
Quote from: crystal;296041
Definately interesting that it's so overlooked, but still doesn't change my mind.

If people get piece of mind by getting a vaccine, good for them, they should definately go through with it. If my stubbornness gets me killed, well, I guess I had it coming to me.

People nowadays take a disease free life for granted.
Virtually everyone from my generation knew someone who was killed or crippled by a contagious disease.