Skip to main content
Topic: Rare cars spotted... (Read 2688 times) previous topic - next topic

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #15
Quote from: V8Demon;294751
That works.

Chop it.  Channel it.  Throw a Nailhead in it ;)
How about this pickup too....

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #17
Meh -- there's a Volkswagen club that meets not too far from me.  I see those regularly enough.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #18
I have pics of a 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2.  Very rare car.  I just happened to see it parked this summer..... thought it was a cutlass or monte carlo at first.  LOL
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #19
heres an old one i posted up a while ago, flyers edition cougar. i think we established there were 3 made? some kinda dealer option...

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #20
Dad says he saw a rolls phantom today.
The used car dealer next to the boneyard has a 66 or so Fairlane for $4600.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #21
Quote from: mercury-man;294765
This "THING" is also very rare:

There you go, a PERFECT example that "rare" does NOT equal "desirable"!!!!!! :D
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #22
Quote from: 50tbrd88;294674
I live in the sticks too...the other day I was mowing my yard and I always keep an eye on the road to see who is driving by.  Its not uncommon to see a new Corvette, new Camaro, Mustangs, Muscle cars, etc.  But that particular day some type of bright red new Ferrari drove by.  And even though I was on my mower with the engine/deck running I could hear the  thing.  That real high-pitched raspy small displacement v12 sound that all the rich boys like.  V8's sound better to me...

If it was a mid-engined car, or the new California Spider, it was a V-8. The sound has more to do with the flat crank than small displacement.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #23
More than likely it was a 360 or a 430

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #24
Quote from: FLSTCI71;294919
There you go, a PERFECT example that "rare" does NOT equal "desirable"!!!!!! :D

:rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #25
Quote from: ProTouring442;294920
If it was a mid-engined car, or the new California Spider, it was a V-8. The sound has more to do with the flat crank than small displacement.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

I don't know what it was.  It was red and it was a Ferrari. Actually, I kinda take pride in the fact that I know basically nothing about rich boy exotics.  Ferrari:fart:
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #26
Not really exotic, but not something you see parked together every day - 36 Ford Coupe (with Ford interior and Ford running gear), 03 100th Anniversary Harley F150 and 08 Saleen (1 of only 4 supercharged automatic convertibles built in 08).

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #27
Did you get a new truck ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #28
Quote from: daminc;295235
Did you get a new truck ?

Yeah, about seven years ago. lol.

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #29
Quote from: 50tbrd88;295029
I don't know what it was.  It was red and it was a Ferrari. Actually, I kinda take pride in the fact that I know basically nothing about rich boy exotics.  Ferrari:fart:

I dunno... they are very interesting vehicles. And their owners are usually pretty cool. I went to a Ferrari show a few months ago, and even though it rained all morning, the number of guys that drove their $80K-$200K Ferraris for hours in the rain to attend the show was very impressive. We get upset about driving our 1 of 30,000 built cars in the rain, yet they were driving their 1 of 50 or 100 built with no hesitation.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis