Skip to main content
Topic: Rare cars spotted... (Read 2689 times) previous topic - next topic

Rare cars spotted...

Back in May, I was touring some twister damage in Kirksville, Missouri.

We made a quick stop at walmart for some baby formula, and as we were leaving, I saw this yellow Lamborghini Countach:

(disregard the PT, it was a rental that my mother came to visit in...lol)
She actually did try to get me closer for a better pic, but apparently the driver caught a green light out of Wal Mart, as we didn't see it again :hick:

Anybody else got some pics of rare, very cool, or ed uncommon cars they've managed to spot out and about?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #1
I see late model Porches and M3s on a regular basis for some reason. It must be the local dealerships.
When the weather is nice, I've been a few Maseratis, Bentleys, Ferraris, and Bugattis - all old and new.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #2
Same here, a ton of cars like that come from Canada.
while I was driving a couple weeks ago, I got passed by an Aston Martin like I was standing still doing 70.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #3
There is an '85 928 without an engine at a tow company down the street from me.
2003 Marauder 300B
1996-97 Cobra wheel straight but weathered (For Sale)
84 TC manual shifter handle no  (For Sale)

BTW, I had a 1988 T-Bird Sport way back when. I found out that it was totalled shortly after trading it in. It still has the ignition switch recall to date.

Special thanx to EricCoolCats for showing me to this site.:bowdown:

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #4
there was an Audi R8 down the street the other day.

And dad says he saw an Enzo Ferrari on the way home from work. :eek:

One day we had just pulled into our driveway and a fleet of 5 Lancer EVO's (all different colors) drove by.

And there is/was an Alfa Romeo in the Junkyard.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #5
My Mom and Dad own a 1967 Checker Marathon A12E, not exactly a supercar but rare all the same.

When we were in Boston a few weeks ago I saw:
2 Aston Martins
3 Maseratis
1 Ferrari
2 Lamborghinis

I gotta ask myself, what person that can actually afford that sort of car really thinks about how much repairing something like that is going to cost? Just because you can buy one doesn't mean you should.

Only rare looking car I would buy if I won the lotto would be a Detomaso Pantera. Although I do really want a Porsche 928.

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #6
What do you mean rare? I see Ferraris, Lamborghinis,  Aston Martins, and Maseratis on an almost daily basis in Chicagoland. Hell I've been passed doing 75 on an expressway here by more of those cars than I care to remember :hick: The guy a block over owns a Bently Continental....and I'm still driving a 15 year old T-bird daily and have a 22 year old one in the garage :mullet:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #7
Hell, rare to me is a late 90's Corvette, or a Lightning.
(Remember, I live near a town of 4800...:hick:)

Of course, a mechanic at my work drives a Porsche, and there is a '93 Cobra in that same town, as well.

Hell, the ONLY '87-'88 TC I've ever seen in my county was the one I bought from the salvage yard in 2006...well, till Graham visited that weekend lol.

I live in the sticks though...people here can even carry a gun at any time of the year, and nobody bats an eye.

Ehhh, I live in the sticks though. :bowdown:
'98 Explorer 5.0

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #8
I live in the sticks too...the other day I was mowing my yard and I always keep an eye on the road to see who is driving by.  Its not uncommon to see a new Corvette, new Camaro, Mustangs, Muscle cars, etc.  But that particular day some type of bright red new Ferrari drove by.  And even though I was on my mower with the engine/deck running I could hear the  thing.  That real high-pitched raspy small displacement v12 sound that all the rich boys like.  V8's sound better to me...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #9
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;294654
Hell, rare to me is a late 90's Corvette, or a Lightning.

All I gotta do is walk out back...

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #10
Daaaaaamn that thing is clean. I really like those, maybe even more than the newer lightnings. Very nice Tom :bowdown:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #11
I live in a part of the country where "exotics" are not all that rare.  I probably see 3 or 4 Bentleys a week.  Porsche's are a daily occurrence,  Ferrari's -- weekly.

I'm more interested by something that I normally DON'T see.  An early '50's pickup for example.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;294717
I live in a part of the country where "exotics" are not all that rare.  I probably see 3 or 4 Bentleys a week.  Porsche's are a daily occurrence,  Ferrari's -- weekly.

I'm more interested by something that I normally DON'T see.  An early '50's pickup for example.

Hey Paul how about my Dad's 36 Ford Pickup: :D

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #13
ooooohhhhh nice trucks!
'98 Explorer 5.0

Rare cars spotted...

Reply #14
That works.

Chop it.  Channel it.  Throw a Nailhead in it ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!