Skip to main content
Topic: stupid friend of mine... (Read 1970 times) previous topic - next topic

stupid friend of mine...

tried to tell me that 10 seconds in a quarter wasnt very fast, and that they break that all the time on pinks.  what an idiot!!!  I tried to tell him, that they may show them breaking 10 seconds in a quarter, but theyre also only showing 32 cars, out of a few hundred!

some people arent worth waisting my oxegen on. lol
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #1
Hmmm, I think your friend needs to go to the track a little more often. Even better as him how fast he thinks his car is in the quarter mile.

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #2
Is he thinking of 1/8 mi?

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #3
Quote from: shameless;289921

some people arent worth waisting my oxegen on. lol

Hello Kettle, meet Mister Pot.
It's Gumby's fault.

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #4
STFU STFU STFU STFU U RNT NE BETR

/rant,,, done now,,,, so much anger

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #5
shiznitfire...10 seconds in the 1/4 isn't fast...if the other guy is runnin' 9.5 or so...;)

Everyone misspells a word here and there...when did we become the grammar police? :punchballs:

Ole dude should watch some drags in person, instead of seeing the 3 second, 300+ mph top fuel shiznit on the tube...
Real street driven cars are more fun to watch IMO.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #7
Quote from: Ifixyawata;289941
STFU STFU STFU STFU U RNT NE BETR

:rollin:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #8
Why would grammar police correct spelling?

I think he's pointing out the irony of calling someone stupid, then sounding like you are in the same post. This is why people correct other's spelling on the internet, because if you read like you were failed by your education system, people tend to think you are an uneducated lout. Right or wrong, it is what it is, because we don't get to hear you talk.

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #9
10 seconds is rockin'.That would be like the dragsters I watch on TV and saying ..."well,they're ALL going 4 and 5 second 1/4's....That's not so fast".10 seconds in the 1/4 would blow my Sport so far into the weeds in a race they'd never find it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #10
Yeah, you need to tell him that a 2 second difference is HUGE let alone how impressive a 10 sec run is. The hyabussa runs 10 seconds.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #11
That's nothing,my Sport can run 19's all day without breaking a sweat.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #12
I'm fairly new to the track and have been working on getting the T-bird down as fast as I can.

With my T-bird I got to 12.2 NA and this felt fast but it was a good ride.  But when I gave it a 150 hit and it went 11.4 it was a wild ride.  If you friend took a ride with me and I just did a 12.2 pass he would say this was a very fast car.  If he did the 11.4 with me he would probably not get back into it again.  At this level things are getting unsafe feeling.

10's in a regular car with doors is very fast indeed and I hope to see a 10 second pass in the T-bird someday.

My friend was just in Pinks in Seattle.  He has a 68 Plymouth and runs a constant 10.5 NA with a 440 engine; this is a track only car with everything and very fast.  He made it into the top 16 and got to have the camera and bright lights in his face while going down the track.  He was beat at this level but he was still in the top 16 out of 400 plus cars.  He also said that all the other cars at this level were big bucks with pit crew to back them up.

No matter how fast you are there seems to be always a faster car that makes you seem slow.

TED

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #13
I have to agree with everyone here... A 10 second 1/4 mile run is quick! I have driven a few 12 second runs and that will get the adrenaline pumping, but 10 seconds in  the 1/4 is nothing to take lightly. Things happen fast and you better have it pointed straight ahead and be in control.

As for my '87 Sport, well it's probably good for a 20 second 1/4 mile run. Maybe 19.5 with a tail wind.

stupid friend of mine...

Reply #14
Nothing wrong with being quick, but yeah, there's always someone faster, which is incentive enough to keep the stereo system and A/C, because sometimes riding slow is more fun anyways.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily: