Skip to main content
Topic: Nothing to see here... (Read 1614 times) previous topic - next topic

Nothing to see here...

So I've finally entered the 21st century and got a Blackberry. I'm making this post from it, just because I can. Typing on a 2" keyboard sucks though, so it'll probably be my last...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Nothing to see here...

Reply #1
I got my first one a couple months ago. I can't use the traditional BBs, my fingers are too long so I got the Storm. Which model did you get?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Nothing to see here...

Reply #2
I think it's the Pearl, but not sure (it doesn't say what it is on the phone and the box is downstairs). I actually sent a text message tonight! Having done so I'm still clueless as to the allure of texting...

*Edit* It's a Curve model 8330. This one:

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_ON.BlackBerry-Curve-8330/96735.details#2
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Nothing to see here...

Reply #3
texting is the shiznit. I spend near 4,000 texts a month. mostly just to my wife.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Nothing to see here...

Reply #4
I just got one of these:

Not quite a PDA/Smartphone, but full HTML browser and not having to have a Smartphone data plan is a plus.  Uses a lot of the cool drag/flick gestures that came out first on the iPhone.  Plus if I get irritated with the touchscreen I can flip it open for the full QWERTY keyboard.  The best part is it was genuinely free, no mail-in or anything.

Nothing to see here...

Reply #5
i had the storm, lasted a week went back to a flip phone long story but i miss it though.the touch screen was tough but it was growing on me,

Nothing to see here...

Reply #6
I've got the BB 8220 (I think) for work.......LOVE IT!!!  I can update my Outlook Calendar from the field which is where I work 98% of the time.  Saves me hours going through e-mail when I get home at night.

For personal use I have a.....well....uh.....nothing!  Wife has a phone that I'll use from time to time, but less than once a week.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Nothing to see here...

Reply #8
Quote from: Ifixyawata;288293
I just got one of these:

Not quite a PDA/Smartphone, but full HTML browser and not having to have a Smartphone data plan is a plus. Uses a lot of the cool drag/flick gestures that came out first on the iPhone. Plus if I get irritated with the touchscreen I can flip it open for the full QWERTY keyboard. The best part is it was genuinely free, no mail-in or anything.

Is that the LG Voyager? That was my last phone. I hated the touchscreen on that phone. Almost never used it. Heard they improved TS on the newer ones though.

Quote from: Innes;288295
i had the storm, lasted a week went back to a flip phone long story but i miss it though.the touch screen was tough but it was growing on me,

I should of taken mine back when I had the chance and waited for the Storm 2. Touchscreen was fine, when the phone works. I'm on my third one in a month. :mad: Battery pulls are getting old though.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Nothing to see here...

Reply #9
It's actually an enV Touch, I guess you could say Voyager2.  I believe it has everything that Voyager has and some other stuff, but no MobileTV or whatever it is. Doesn't matter much to me, seeing as how there's no coverage for that for a couple hundred miles. It's got the three-axis accelerometer, too, so in some cases if you rotate the device, it'll flip the screen between portrait and landscape, but not on the main menu... :hick:

Nothing to see here...

Reply #10
Mine doesn't have a touch screen, thank God. Not really a fan of 'em.

Nothing to see here...

Reply #11
The closest thing I've got is my PSP.... which I wouldn't trade for any kind of cell phone ever. The only thing it can't do is take phone calls, but since I hate cell phones (one of the best things that I ever did was end my contract) it's not remotely a loss.

Nothing to see here...

Reply #12
i got the 8330 curve its been a good phone but it does slow down on web browseing from time to time and its tougher then it looks drop mine several times a day geting on and of equipment at work .

Nothing to see here...

Reply #13
I'm actually right now doing google searches on "spontaneous rebooting" for this phone. It has a habit of rebooting for no reason at all, several times a day, and apparently it's a fairly common problem (which is not recognized by RIM). It will reboot in the middle of a game, a phone call, or just sitting on the table. Many people with the problem say they went through three phones or more before getting one that doesn't have the problem (and it seems the problem is not unique to this model). Just my luck, I finally jump on the Crackberry bandwagon and it hits a tree...

Nothing to see here...

Reply #14
iPhone 1at gen user here, and I love it. I had a BB Pearl for about a month, then decided to get an iPhone. I've had this one over a year now.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast