Skip to main content
Topic: TC Hood For Sale (Great Condition) (Read 672 times) previous topic - next topic

TC Hood For Sale (Great Condition)

Hello All,
Thanks for all the interest on my other "Parts for Sale" thread, but I thought it would be best to start a new one.  I'm gonna have to let go of one part that I thought I'd be able to keep, but I really need the money and it doesn't really go with a V6 car; it's my TC hood.  I've had it on the car briefly, and I can't even close it; the ductwork and "mouth" hit the breather tube.  Besides, if you don't have an intercooler and the hood would close, all you're doing if you're driving in the rain is funneling water down on top of the motor, which can't be good.  Anyway, besides all that, it's for sale.  All the parts are there and there are no dents or rust.  It is the dark red/maroon color, but there is some white overspray on it, so it will have to be repainted, which you'd probably have to do anyway.  Again, I live in Marshall, IL, zip 62441.  Please let me know if you're interested.  I can't ship it, so it will have to be picked up.  I could deliver within a reasonable distance, but I'd need gas money (sorry).  Let me know!

P.S. On another note, I also have an unused Superchip for an F150, code NLK2, for a 4.6 with a 5-speed.  Thought I'd see if any of you guys are also F150 owners.  Thanks.

Fordman3

Re: TC Hood For Sale (Great Condition)

Reply #1
Hey all,
Just wanted to give myself a 'bump'.  You can see my hood on Ebay, along with a set of '86 XR7 front fenders.  It's dark red; so are the fenders, actually.  They would actually match on the same car.  Anyway, if somebody's interested in any of these parts, please let me know.

Oh, does anybody out there make their own seat covers?  If so, I've got several rolls of material from a place I used to work that made seat covers and headrests for new cars.  I've got gray vinyl with little embossed squares in it, two different shades of beige/caramel vinyl (very soft, like a calf-skin leather), a black tweed-like material, and a very plush bluish-gray cloth material.  They are all laminated with foam and are all high-quality.  They just happened to be either left-overs or test material that could not be used on production covers.  Each is probably at least 54" to 58" wide, and there's probably 4 to 5 yards on each roll.  Give me a shout if any of this sounds interesting or you'd like to see pictures.  Thanks again.

Fordman3