Skip to main content
Topic: My '86 TurboCoupe (Read 34243 times) previous topic - next topic

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #90
I like the new lights too especially with the covers. I just watched your video, man your parking area is tight! You really have to watch what you're doing getting it in and out of there.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #91
It's my buddy's garage here in Brno. It's quite big for his Nissan 200SX. I have only a small garage by my granny one hour far from Brno. It's really difficult to find some garage here for a reasonable price.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #92
Here is the promised "walk around" video with the fog lamps on.
[video=youtube;TcYorQl7tRs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcYorQl7tRs[/video]
I had only my mobile phone, not camera or camcorder :(

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #93
Nice 4-eye. Glad to see you keepin the faith!

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #94
I don't know, if I mentioned about my bachelor thesis - The drive assistant. The first part was only with character display, but now, I'm modifying it for touch screen color display which fits perfectly in the place, where is originaly the tripminder. Here is the startup sequence.
[video=youtube;InLc0XIbmKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InLc0XIbmKI[/video]
I'm going to continue with gauges and other stuff at the weekend.
If you want to see the older version, look at my youtube's chanel (or this link). The comments are in the czech language, but I think it doesn't matter.

Here is the small dictionary :D
Teplota vody ... Water temperature
Teplota ATF ... ATF temperature
Plnicí tlak ... Intake manifold pressure (AKA turbo boost)
Tlak oleje ... Oil pressure
Množství paliva ... Fuel amount
Napětí palubní sítě ... Battery voltage

It's also possible to change language (czech - english), units (metric - english) and few other things. Only problem is, that I made this video before creating the menu. Newer video of this older version wasn't made.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #95
Great project and very nice execution.  Does it connect to the factory harness or use stock sensors?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #96
Yes, it uses factory sensors, except the ATF temperature sensor and boost sensor. The ATF temp sensor will be probably used the same as the water temp (if the temperature will be lower, than 150°C). The vacuum - boost sensor is this Prosport sensor.

The new things like GPS, parking sensors, wideband lambda, etc won't be factory original as well.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #97
I was forced to prepare the orange turn signal lamps for the tail lights. There were some changes here and the cops began the hunt against the cars with incorrect lamp type (color, type,...).
I don't want to pay any stupid penalty, so I designed the whole circuitry for orange rear turnlamps and white front side markers. The best thing is, that it has the switch, which changes european or american lighting standard.
I can't cut any hole to the tail lamp (it's forbidden set-up), so I decided to make orange stripe around the emblem in the tail light. Here is a photo of the circuit board printed on a paper with emblem on it (I have one spare from the old lights).

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #99
Man, that is awesome project.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #101
Nice!!

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #102
Thanks.
I'm going to test it in few days. Then I will wait for power LEDs. I have lots of standard yellow LEDs (about five hundred), but they are too dim for this purpose.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #103
Small update :-)
Today I drilled the holes and cut the circuit board.

I'm going use the same LEDs as shown on these photos. Only difference will be the color. These LEDs are warm white, they are prepared for another project, so they aren't soldered, only put into the holes. I'm going to use 0,5W* yellow LEDs. They are on the way.

*They are called 0,5W, but actually they are only 0,2W.