Skip to main content
Topic: My '86 TurboCoupe (Read 34241 times) previous topic - next topic

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #135
Doesn't look to bad, looks like a solid car. I really like the real woodgrain dash haha. Seems to not have much rust which is good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #136
It has some rust (for example on the trunk lid), but most of the rust spots are repaired. The chassis looks well too. My '86 looks worse, even after so many years in the dry garage. This one stays outside.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #138
Congrats on the purchase, and good luck with the restoration.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #139
Congrats on the purchase.  What the heck are you pulling the TC with?

Travis

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #140
Kinda looks like a subaru loyale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #141
Quote from: Trinom;389163
There are only three four-eyed Thunderbirds in our country. Two TCs and one V8.

So you now all the TC's in your country? :hick:

Congrats!
tbirdregistry.com

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #142
Yes, I have both (all) czech four-eyed TCs. There are few '87 and '88 Birds here, but I don't know the owners.

The pulling car is Nissan Bluebird. Bluebird and Thunderbird - nice combo :hick:

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #143
It looks good from the front but other angles are much worse :(

It has just some minor rust, but the paint is in very bad state. I'm thinking about complete paint job, or even vinyl wrap (brushed aluminium look). What do you think?

Here is the complete photo gallery of this car.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #144
It runs!
[video=youtube;yBqBcOUbBoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBqBcOUbBoo[/video]

I've finaly repaired the starter motor and cranked the bird. It runs fine, but doesn't keep idle. I have to control the vacuum hoses and idle valve solenoid as well. I might have a used piece from the red one. And in the future I probably replace spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor.

The interior is clean now, almost all wooden stuff is gone, except turn signal lever and steering wheel position lever. I don't have any spare part for these.

The light switch bezel isn't missing, I have it at home for a repair.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #145
beautiful creature!!!

ACCEPT

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #146
Nice !!! Time to get in back in to shape.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #147
Finally, it's time to rebuild the transmission for the red one...

and do few minor repairs on the silver one (like brakes for example :hick:). On the picture bellow there are parts for both red and silver bird and couple spare lamps and flashers (for friends with another american cars).

I'm going to rebuild the tranny during this week and prepare the red one for the roadworthiness inspection.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #148
I'm slowly moving forward with my silver bird. About two weeks ago, I've changed thermostat, thermostat housing, cooling fluid and few minor things in the interior. Today, I've installed new front brakes and brake pads and let repaired the rusted rear brake line. I was quite surprised, that somebody did the rearend overhaul recently, so everything on rear brakes work like new, including bleeders. The last thing I've changed today were the stabilizer bar links.

Only few things remaining - I have to change oil in the engine and transmission, replace valve cover gasket (this one is in pieces) and make a gasket between turbocharger and the intake elbow (I'm not able to find it anywhere, so I have to make it from gasket paper).

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #149
Looking good! Now, slap a 101mm turbo on that baby! :hick: