Skip to main content
Topic: My '86 TurboCoupe (Read 34244 times) previous topic - next topic

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #107
Nice pic!

Hey, did you still need that speedo gear info you asked me for a while back?
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #108
Nice!  Is there a lot of interest in your car over there?
tbirdregistry.com

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #109
Quote from: Trinom;351041
Yes, it is :D

I just had to bring this back up, it's too awesome! I have that same mouse by the way, I loved it when it worked properly.. :(
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #110
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;358260
Hey, did you still need that speedo gear info you asked me for a while back?
I used one from old A4LDe from V6 Scorpio and it's much better. One or two teeth are still missing to accurate reading, but it's not important now.

Quote from: rodsterh;358265
Nice!  Is there a lot of interest in your car over there?
Yes, it is. This photo was taken after US cars meeting in spoogebice (first big meeting in this year). We were returning to Brno and GPS led us through the country. It preferes narrow roads with tons of curves and beautiful views. I really don't know why, but it does it sometimes. We went in three cars - 86 Bird, 78 Olds Delta Diesel and 2010 V6 Stang. Here is the picture.

PS: American cars are still quite rare here, so lots of people like to see them next to standard german, french and asian production.

Quote from: jrad235;358267
I just had to bring this back up, it's too awesome! I have that same mouse by the way, I loved it when it worked properly.. :(
My trackball works well. It has 5 year warranty, so I hope it will work great for long time :)

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #111
Quote from: Trinom;358313
My trackball works well. It has 5 year warranty, so I hope it will work great for long time :)

Thanks for mentioning it, I had no idea consumer electronics these days had such a warranty. My new mouse is on the way, no receipts or returning mine needed.  :D
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #113
Nice video! You guys have alot of American iron over there!! That's awsome man!!

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #114
Thanks nice video. I'm guessing from the activity at 3:02 that marijuana is legal over there?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #115
Nice vid for sure!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #116
Quote from: thewestie;358510
Thanks nice video. I'm guessing from the activity at 3:02 that marijuana is legal over there?
I think it isn't marijuana, it's normal water pipe with tobacco.

This meeting was one of the biggest in the season.

Yesterday, we had our small Friday Night Ride* and I took this photo of my bird :)

Here is the gallery from yesterday's ride.

*These are small local meetings typicaly every second friday from april to october. Sometimes it's beeing substitued with Saturday Reuninons, which are bigger and we go out of city.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #117
That is a real nice looking Bird you have............you should be proud.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #118
Those srt-10 trucks are so bad ass. I can only imagine what kind of looks they get over there...

the activity at 3:02 looks like hookah...
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

My '86 TurboCoupe

Reply #119
Thanks. I did a lot of progress this and last year. I polished whole car before trip to spoogebice. It looks really nice now.

I have one question. What's your avarage fuel consumption out of city (but not on highway)? I can't go lower, than 13 l/100 km (18 MPG). Few years ago I had less than 10 l/100km (23,5 MPG) on long track. I think I'm driving easy. Car is obviously fully loaded (3 or 4 people + lugage). Is this normal, or should I inspect the engine?

That SRT truck is really hell on earth. It doesn't have any electronic gremlins like ASR, ESP,...

And the last thing. Someone wrote the letter to Ford and they sent him all infos about his car.  It was about year or two ago. Is someone able to do this for me? European Ford dealers aren't. I can send VIN through PM.