Skip to main content
Topic: Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13 (Read 31182 times) previous topic - next topic

Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13

Reply #30
Great work so far. Any progress is good.Keep it up and keep us posted.I'm hoping to start some engine stuff Thursday !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
good deal bro, youre off to a good start.

Reply #32
thanks for the kind words guys :D  at the rate I'm going it will be running by next summer!!!:toilet:

Reply #33
Why's the EGR and TPS on sideways?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #35
Yeah, It's hard to find a donor 2.3L turbo motor. But if I find a body like that I will make her a T/C again if possible.:burnout:
88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe- Gillis, 17 PSI, Tripminder
All stock, Showing and driving to peak interest in our cars.

Runnin' Strong & Flyin' Fast:birdsmily:

Reply #36
I'll have an Explorer intake for sale after Thursday !!!!! It'll come with injectors and 65mm throttlebody.Just lettin' you know......hint,hint.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #37
lol vinnie, I cant afford much and I'm sure it wont be cheap :( but if you really want to help me out....  hint hint!

Reply #38
You're going to beat me yet...you've already got the engine in yours! lol
lookin good bro ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #39
it might be in but I bet yours will run before mine.  I hope not though!!!! lol

Reply #40
It'll be $140.00 shipped in the lower 48.Should be pulled Thursday afternoon..Top to bottom,injectors,t-body,intake.

Reply #41
Wow! You do have a big project going on! You're making great progress keep it up!!!

Reply #42
having an issue with the title and previous owner.  and finding the rest of the wiring that I need.  getting kinda bummed and losing interest so any halp would be good :(

Reply #43
well its time for an update, I have installed an HO cam, roller lifters and required hardware, pushrods, fuel pump harness, timing chain, and new heatercore. and now its too cold to do much of anything since I am forced to do everything outside :(

Reply #44
I understand.I have a nice fresh engine and differential in the garage (no room for the car in there),waiting for me.Too cold right now.Sooooo,I am patiently waiting.Hopefully soon.Just be patient,continue to gather the little bits and pieces you need and stay busy doing that.Like down here in southern Oklahoma,our winter isn't that long,and a few warmer days are still a possibility for us.

Oh,post some pics of the work you've done.