Skip to main content
Topic: Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13 (Read 30761 times) previous topic - next topic

Project thunderstruck! Update 3-11-13

Reply #180
Good Deal!! Glad everything is working for you

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #181
Not to hijack your thread 88turbo but this is the T/A spoiler, not bad I think just a bit lower than yours.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #184
you beat me.... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #186
YOU think you are done, but the car is the one that decides.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #187
Quote from: FirstBird;397578
YOU think you are done, but the car is the one that decides.

I hope you CHOKE!!!!!  j/k

Reply #188
looks good graham!

do you have any PRC strut covers?

Reply #189
Good job. Glad you're almost done. Now, GET THE TITLE !!!!  I wonder when you're going to get stopped by the police for driving it illegally, and have it impounded. I will buy it from you for a dollar, tell you that I'll get the title, then, in reality, keep it for myself.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #190
Those of you that know me on a personal level know that the car is going through some more changes, I am currently building another 5.0 for the red bird.  The new engine is a 2000 Explorer 5.0 with an E303, 1.6 Roller rockers, trickflow springs, and some other good stuff :)  I will post some progress pics when I get a chance.

Reply #192
Nice! In a couple of months I'll have something like that myself...only a little bigger.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #193
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;411055
Nice! In a couple of months I'll have something like that myself...only a little bigger.

Thats what she said!!!!!

Reply #194
Quote from: 88turbo;411048
teaser pic :D

347FTW!!!! (would be nice, I wish I had one)

It looks like the engine in my Thunderbird, except I painted the timing cover Ford blue as well.

I noticed you're running the Explorer upper with the stock HO valve covers. Did you have to use a spacer or did it clear fine? I'm going to stick an Explorer intake on my Mark and I was wondering if I needed a spacer to clear the stock HO valve covers. The Thunderbird runs FRPP ribbed EFI Cobra valve covers and they are taller than stock so I had to run a 1/2" intake spacer to clear them.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.