Skip to main content
Topic: Callin her FREEBIRD! updated 7/29/09 (Read 2494 times) previous topic - next topic

Callin her FREEBIRD! updated 7/29/09

Reply #15
Did some light work on the Freebird today. The rear was all wiggly when I was going slow on a flat surface. It seemed pretty bad and My buddy swore it was dog tracking the one time he followed me. So I threw some decent tires on two rims from my old 88 cougar. Put those on the car. Never really looked at the rears that were on the car but once they were off easy to see the problem. They were TOAST, belts busted, BIG LUMPS ALL OVER BOTH! Bolted on the old cougar wheels with good tires. Took her out for a drive and its like a whole new car.

Stuckman.

Pics once I get the batteries charged for the cam.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #16
Here are some pics.
This is with the cougar wheels on the rear.

Old toast tire

Here are a few interior shots after I cleaned it

Not lookin to  bad I don't think
Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #17
LOL i smoke wides too!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #18
That is shaping up nicely

Reply #19
Sure is.
That tire is crazy. :rollin:
And yea, Later model 3.8 heads will work~SC Heads are the better ones.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #20
Quote from: massCougarxr7;283420
LOL i smoke wides too!!!!!

That is because we only suck half as hard but get twice as much! LOL Kinda like with Liquor when your out to get Drunk you buy STRONG STUFF!

Stuckman
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #21
Did some more stuff to the Freebird today. Installed a new gauge temp sender. The computer at work didn't list the part that looked right so I went to the picture book. It went right in but now tells me the car is running hot at normal temp. Well it pegs out the gauge. Then I went to test the TPS even though there wasn't a code for it it just didn't seem like the ECU knew when I give gas. Got my multimeter out and got to the wires. WHAT is this I SEE. They installed the TPS upside down. Then used a TON of orange silicone to seal it up. I removed it and clean off there  and installed it so shaft actually turns the TPS.  WOW much better the car KNOWS when I press the gas. Its a whole different car.  Now use to get it to stop shaking when I stop and it is in gear.

Stuckman

P.s. The driver side seat got stuck in front up I can hear the motor running but the seat doesn't move. Look at that later.
Da Bird!

FreeBird