Skip to main content

Poll

so what do you think?

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 13, 2009, 08:39:48 PM

Topic: my 1983 t-bird project (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

my 1983 t-bird project

My 83 T-bird has been in my family for about 11 yrs. I bought it for $255. Then we built the engine it is the factory 302. The only thing it came with air but it was gone. That sucks on a hot day. It has an AOD in it. The interior is all original except the CD player,and the oil pressure and h2o temp guages. I do  need to find a few things for the interior. Like emblems.
 I need to paint it. And the wheels i got for free off another bird going to the s yard.

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #1
so...what are your plans?

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #2
just to paint and get the few other things taken care of and just enjoy it for along time i hope.

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #3
Sometimes the best looking T-birds are the ones that are neat and clean.  It doesn't have to be modded to be a nice ride.  Stock rims are my favorite.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #4
You mentioned that the engine was built. Did you re-use the factory CFI throttle body set-up ?
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #5
Pics are a must round here. Good to hear you plan to keep it up and going. Usually a $255 car are see as disposables to people. Can wait to see where it goes.
1986 Cougar LS

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #6
So what are we polling on??  What we think it may look like??
Mike

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #7
Hello and thanks for the replies. Well I can't figure out how to pics on this site,but when i do I will. And as for the poll yes I did the poll hoping to have pic up but since I don't.Pleas disregard it.

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #8
I guess I did figure it out. I have more pics that I will post soon. It only let me post these 3.

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #9
yes we kept the cfi

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #10
Get some pics outside, so we can see the car a little better. From what I can see so far, you got a steal on it. It looks worth working on. My personal opinion, I would lose the Chevy orange under the hood. Get some Ford blue in there, or at least some black, anything but orange. Either way, post up a few more pics.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

my 1983 t-bird project

Reply #11
i will get some outside pics. but the color under the hood is ford red. just the lighting in the garage makes it look orange. do you have pics of your cars.for us to see. thanks for your response.