Skip to main content
Topic: cougar/bird police cars? (Read 1811 times) previous topic - next topic

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #2
Ahh Gone in sixty seconds 2, the movie that never was. Haliky died in that movie for real. The water tower fell off cue and he was in the way apprently. Really a shame, the movie has loads of Camaro, early 80's Stangs, and tbirds. of course they all got destroyed seeing as haliky was the "Car crash king" of the day.

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #3
itd be sick to find a cruiser cougar in a bone yard!!!!!!!!!!!!! id restore it and keep it parked away forever!!!!!!!!(occaisional CJ appearances of course!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #4
Quote from: massCougarxr7;270027
itd be sick to find a cruiser cougar in a bone yard!!!!!!!!!!!!! id restore it and keep it parked away forever!!!!!!!!(occaisional CJ appearances of course!!!!

I dont think it would be too hard to make one.

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #5
Quote from: 88turbo;270030
I dont think it would be too hard to make one.

Of course not!!!! i found some cheap police lights while surfin last night,.... the thought crossed my mind before i saw this post!!! But i dont know how local law enforcement would appreciate me "impersonating a police officer.." and yes, we cant even have blacked out lights up here because "only police are allowed to have different color headlamps and taillapms......... So nobody move up here!!! it blows!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #6
So where were you watching this "Original Gone in Sixty Seconds"??? Which BTW it isn't, first one was made in '73...

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #7
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;270109
So where were you watching this "Original Gone in Sixty Seconds"??? Which BTW it isn't, first one was made in '73...

I think those clips were from the attemped remake that was never finished.

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #9
I was gonna say, that sure isnt the original Gone in 60 sec.  Too bad they didnt realease all the footage they had.
Mike

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #11
Gone in 60 seconds (the real one , not that Nicholas Cage ) had a second part. It was named "The Junkman" and was made in 1982.

I was a movie house manager at the time and I remember being sent to manage a theater in Westminister, CA and so I saw that movie over and over.

Had a yellow 80-81 Corvette as the star car.

Yes the star was killed in July 1989 when that water tower fell....he was 49.

I still love to watch that 45 minute car chase in the 1973 original movie.:D
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #12
1986 Cougar LS

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #13
Quote from: 83-88T-Bird Guy;271081
Gone in 60 seconds (the real one , not that Nicholas Cage ) had a second part. It was named "The Junkman" and was made in 1982.

Had a yellow 80-81 Corvette as the star car.

Yes the star was killed in July 1989 when that water tower fell....he was 49

Yes some of the car rags of the day were all hyped up on the shooting of the sequel, was really a let down when I read HB had been killed by the freak falling of that water tower(it was supposed to fall, just not when it did)... What actually killed him was a cable supporting the tower that struck him when it snapped... 

Guessing Junkman may be hard to find in DVD format...

cougar/bird police cars?

Reply #14
I've only ever seen bits and pieces. Never the whole thing. Would be interesting to locate a copy