Skip to main content
Topic: Simoniz pressure washers and Canadian Tire (Read 1329 times) previous topic - next topic

Simoniz pressure washers and Canadian Tire

So this past Christmas I decided to splurge on gifts for my parents. They spent assloads on me over the years, and this year, since I could afford it, I decided to get them some really good gifts.

One of the gifts I bought my father was a Simoniz electric pressure washer. Not the cheap one, either - we're talking the $299 model. So it sat, unopened in its box, until we got some nice weather (today). My father and I put it together, connected the power cord and hose, flicked the switch, and...

...nothing. It hummed for a half second and stopped. The house breaker blew. I reset it and it popped again. Tried another outlet and it popped that one. Obviuosly something wrong, so i dug up the receipt and headed to Canadian Tire.

When I got there the customer service clerk told me I was out of luck. They initiated a new policy pertaining only to Simoniz pressure washers, saying that you have a 14 day return policy on them. After that you have to return them (at your expense) to the manufacturer. I EXPLODED! I tore a strip off her, then tore a strip off the manager, then marched the manager over to the display and asked her to point out any signs showing this policy. She couldn't, of course, because there was none. She told me the policy was due to the fact that Simoniz was not honouring warranty claims through them. I then told her if that was the case maybe CTC shouldn't carry Simoniz products. She just shrugged and told me there was nothing they could do. Even though the thing was brand new. I said "Is that right? I bet I'll have a new one by day's end" and left.

I called head office. Being saturday, they were closed. Not being a patient person I drove to the next town and bought an identical model. I carried it out to the truck, loaded it in, took the broken one out, and carried it right back into the store. Straight to the customer service desk. I told the clerk "this thing's broken, I want a refund". She asked if I wanted a replacement. I told her "nope, I've lost faith in this product. Gimme my money." She did.

As I told that fat bitch at the Sackville store, I got my new washer today. I took it home, plugged it in, and it worked great. Dad washed his truck, I washed my car :D

Let that be a lesson: If you ever spend a bucketload of money on something, make sure you check the return policy, and make sure you verify that it works! And don't buy Simoniz. They're junk.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Re: Simoniz pressure washers and Canadian Tire

Reply #1
I wish you told me that two weeks ago. I bought the 1600psi one. I haven't tried it yet.

Reply #2
I hate  :macgun: Canadian Tire. 2 years, 8 months and counting. I will never go back to one of their stores again.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #3
my brother bought one of those last summer to wash his tractor trailer.the  thing zaped him so bad it blew him off his feet. was the funniest thing i had seen in a long time.needless to say he has spent the extra 100 on a gas model.

Reply #4
I will never buy another GE tv had one back in the day, plugged the sob in static for 5 seconds then pop it died. Like my faith in anything GE.

Reply #5
Quote from: tbirdscott
I hate  :macgun: Canadian Tire. 2 years, 8 months and counting. I will never go back to one of their stores again.

Care to explain.  I'm just curious because I too have had several occasions where I was pissed at them.

One the subject of pressure washers:  what do y'all think or Karcher (sp?) models?  You know, the yellow ones?

Reply #6
Quote from: merccougar50
Care to explain.  I'm just curious because I too have had several occasions where I was pissed at them.

One the subject of pressure washers:  what do y'all think or Karcher (sp?) models?  You know, the yellow ones?

Karchers seem to be pretty good, my old neighbor had one for the last 8 years and I used to borrow, just a little 1300psi model but was enough to strip the quarter panel of my hyundai when I went over a rock chip  :hick:

I've had many problems with CT but the one that 'broke the camels back' was when I took in a signal lioght bulb to match it up and buy a couple more (instead of writing down the #'s :rolleyes: ) well I go in with MY bulb in my pocket, find the match, put MY bulb back into my pocket and buy the stuff I went in for. As I leave I was arrested, cuffed, taken down town and fingerprinted for shoplifting (guess because I was 16 years old what I said had no bearing) before someone figured out what happened and I was released (into my parent custody, werent they happy waiting in the parkinglot for an hour wondering where I had gone...). And after all of that they ask me not to come back to the store! so I havn't.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #7
Well at least you know how to get around getting a working one :)

Reply #8
You did exactly what i would have done,buy another and then return the broken one and get your cash back.
I do it all the time at futureshop and CTC,they want to F#$K you,you F#$K them right back!

Reply #9
Do yourself a favor and don't buy those cheap ass Simoniz Power washers (not that they are cheap!)...they're junk. I've read and heard countless complaints about them. My brother has one and an issue developed with it that needed repair. Luckily there is an authorized repair center for them 15 mins from me so I took it there for him to get it fixed (it f#cked up when I was using it) When I went in the shop area I was greeted by rows upon rows of Simoniz Power washers...there had to be at least 80 of them in there. I asked the guy if those were sale stock or repairs.....he smiled and said..."Nope....all in for repair....those things keep me good and busy since CTC started selling them" I said..."Wow, that's a lot of them to fix....just a busy week?"

"No, it's like this all the time"

Reply #10
Yeah I can relate. My father bought a Simoniz pressure washer from CTC about 3 years ago. He has had nothing but problems with it. After CTC shrugged initally, my Father fixed it himself. The problem was faulty connectors.

I cant reccommed a Simoniz product after the way he was treated.