Skip to main content
Topic: took the TC out to the track ::horror story:: (Read 3980 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: took the TC out to the track ::horror story::

Reply #15
as for launching...you aint lying! i was doing some red light practice, and i was getting the jump on everybody, get to the track, BOG, its going to take practice
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #16
Your stock fuel press regulator is a rising rate regulator and should work just fine.

Reply #17
Quote from: dominator
Your stock fuel press regulator is a rising rate regulator and should work just fine.

Yup, with 15lb of boost fuel pressure is around 55psi.... Thats why I keep hollerin' about the fuel pressure, yours probably levels off at 40-45psi or so causing your misfire under boost.

Traction at the strip with street tires is actually worse than on the street. The hard rubber actually slips on the soft rubber on the track almost like it was grease. They say not to even heat street tires but, here is what worked for me. Go ahead and do a 5-6 burnout then SLOWLY roll to the line. This allows the tires to cool a little and pickup some of the rubber already on the track. Takes some practice, have ease out the clutch not to spin or bog...

Reply #18
Did you go to Cecil or another track?

Reply #19
went to Capitol, shiznitty track, but 15 minutes away from me
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #20
pete over on NATO has a really good fuel diagnosis tech article.i've used it a couple of times on my 85.

shawn don't make an AFPR just buy one for the mustang,it's a hell of a lot less hassle

Reply #21
its an awesome article, i just dont have access to a fuel pressure gauge as of right now, and cant afford one at the moment
It's Gumby's fault.