Skip to main content
Topic: So I snapped a picture of my car today when... (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

So I snapped a picture of my car today when...

Reply #30
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;261658
It looks expensive. It looks like a European sports car. Expensive + sports car does not mean it looks good. Its ugly as hell, at least to me. Some people see an expensive car and say its nice because its expensive (not trying to imply this thinking on you, Oldraven). I just think it's plain 'ol ugly.

I'm not the kind of guy who likes expensive cars, just well sculpted ones that do their job very well. For instance, I think the SLR McLaren is one of the ugliest things to ever wear a three pointed star, and that's saying something. But this, I've got to disagree. Beautiful, in my opinion. I think the Gallardo looks much better, though, which is a lot cheaper than this, and the Audi R8 even more (a Gallardo in an Audi skin). It looks like it's moving sitting still, smooth lines with sharp edges, and if you've ever been near one when it's driving, they have a sound that can't be explained. Manic and loud, even when it's cruising by on the freeway. Different tastes for sure.

Reply #31
Quote from: 86XR7project;261698
Are you serious? The F40 is more of a race car than the Enzo or the F50. No radio, no A/C, no ABS, no Traction control or stability control the thing doesn't even have door handles like you and I know just a little pull cord like race cars have. Zero creature comforts. Honestly I think since that is the last car Enzo had a part in its more Enzo than the Enzo itself. I like all vehicles!

i agree that the F40 was an optionless race car.  but the thing is, the enzo and F50 would out perform the F40 b/c the drivetrains, motors, and even suspensions.  but i kinda remember the F50 on i think it was 2 guys garage?  no they build on cars.. the one with the short fat man and the short skinny man with pos shoes lol.  they drove the f40 and the f50 and they said the f50 was WAY more racebread and also way more civilized.  do you need a car like this?  the answers no.  do you want a car like this?  you want it as bad as you want your wife to stop bitching about the summit part's bills. lol..

but i agree that enzo (my personal hero) had a lot to do with the F40 which if wasnt born, neither would have been the F50 or even the enzo.  so you gotta praise the F40 for opening the door for some of the best cars in the world.

also, aerodynamics are ugly.. except in the 87 88 birds :P:burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #32
Quote from: ~AC;261780
i agree that the F40 was an optionless race car.  but the thing is, the enzo and F50 would out perform the F40 b/c the drivetrains, motors, and even suspensions.  but i kinda remember the F50 on i think it was 2 guys garage?  no they build on cars.. the one with the short fat man and the short skinny man with pos shoes lol.  they drove the f40 and the f50 and they said the f50 was WAY more racebread and also way more civilized.

The F40 to me is a REAL supercar, raw and only meant to race. But the F50 which had the P330 engine (The one meant to race the GT40 back in the day if I am correct) which is such a beautiful race engine. The Enzo to me has WAY to much hype behind it, this is why I am not a fan of the Veyron.

Reply #33
Quote from: 86XR7project;261808
The F40 to me is a REAL supercar, raw and only meant to race. But the F50 which had the P330 engine (The one meant to race the GT40 back in the day if I am correct) which is such a beautiful race engine. The Enzo to me has WAY to much hype behind it, this is why I am not a fan of the Veyron.

i agree that the Enzo and Veyron are overhyped.  the sister Maserati they have is basically a rebody of the Enzo.  its ugly as hell.  really the Enzo is ugly too.  but to me it looks more function than form.

I think the term super car is too general.  i mean what is a super car made for?  WRC race cars are super cars when it comes to rally.  Indy series owns the ovals.  those off road super trucks that do the baja races are super trucks.  same goes with the unlimited buggies.  and then the most super of all cars, F1. IMO drift cars are super cars b/c they're tuned to get sideways.  so what does it mean to me?  "purpose built"  anything less than that is just a car, a fast car even.

but to think about it, if i were to afford either an F40 or F50.. i would definatly go with the F40.  I wouldnt drive my quarter million dollar car (if not more valuable) on the street to let a semi kick a rock up and kill my good mood for the rest of the YEAR.  it'd be on a trailor and would only run slicks on a race track like road atlanta, ONLY and nothing else.

a lot of the birds here are purpose built for the road/strip.  not just strip but road as well.  imo they're super cars.. :shakeass:

btw the 599gtb didnt show up, now they are... that is actually the only european car i would buy for a weekend car.  even with the flappy paddle gear levers! lol. (its got a "secret" F1 launch control within all its electronics, making it the baddest launcher in the world for RED LIGHTS!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #34
I'd rather have three pedals and a stick in the middle. So many cars are getting away from that. I don't care how fast it shifts.

Reply #35
Quote from: 86XR7project;261886
I'd rather have three pedals and a stick in the middle. So many cars are getting away from that. I don't care how fast it shifts.

Boy, ain't that the truth.  When was the last time a manual was an option in a base model car/truck? and the automatic was the upgrade?
1987 TC

Reply #36
True manual trannys are going the way of the Dodo my friend. They are impossible to find and fewer poeple want them every year. Its sad really.

Reply #37
Ford gt, The end all. Its ford, its faster then piss, and its got a manual 6 speed.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #38
Pay no attention to the Thunderbird when the redheaded Italian comes into the picture. I think you hurt her feeling you better bring home some STP and treat her to a soapy washing.

Reply #39
Quote from: Haystack;262026
Ford gt, The end all. Its ford, its faster then piss, and its got a manual 6 speed.

Except they apparently had a problem with the rear main leaking or failing in the early prodution ones I guess. Thats what happens when multiple companies handle them.