Skip to main content
Topic: Multi-Car Insurance (Read 3580 times) previous topic - next topic

Multi-Car Insurance

Reply #15
Quote from: Haystack;262018
If you have insurance and they dont, you get both tickets. Even if your sitting stopped at a light and they run into the back of you. You would get a improper look out ticket, and they would get one for causing the accident.

WOW that sounds like the biggest pile of BS that i've ever heard. i mean i've been in a situation where my cousin wasnt paying attention and almost slid into the rear end of a car, who was watching out and pulled forward and there wasnt a wreck.. but to me thats a fluke.  hell when i was sitting waiting for traffic and got hit at 65 mph.. i heard the car lock the tires up, i even caught the car flash through my mirrors right before the "bomb went off on my rear bumper."  there would have been no way in the real world i would have been able to do anything about it.  i wouldnt have been able to accelorate away, i couldnt/wouldnt drive into a 4 foot ditch, and i couldnt go left b/c oncoming traffic.  and if i was in utah, i would have got cited for improper look out!??!?!  tell me theres a way to fight that.

sorry for the hijack
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Multi-Car Insurance

Reply #16
I did end up buying a nicer 1985 TC out East last Summer. To close up this thread, the new one was nice enough (even with lots of miles) to qualify for Collector's Car Insurance at a higher value than I paid for it. I had to submit about 10 pictures, and now what I pay for a full year at full coverage is what I used to pay for just liability. Also, the new car has Historic Plates as well (Tabs once every 10 years!).