Skip to main content
Topic: my 88' thunderbird $800 find over year ago (Read 2078 times) previous topic - next topic

my 88' thunderbird $800 find over year ago

:evilgrin: this is after paint not the best just spay paint :evilgrin:

Reply #1
Not liking the paint job so much,but,it does look like a great foundation for a cool build up.Any current pics?Sand it down and take it to Maaco.What plans are in store for the old bird?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Looks alright to me man. Good find! All you need now is a v8!

Reply #3
I have those trim pieces if you need them.

What kind of person would spray paint their car.....:raspberry
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #4
I've seen roll on paint jobs that don't look half bad before. Its low budget man.

Reply #5
Quote from: 86XR7project;260289
I've seen roll on paint jobs that don't look half bad before. Its low budget man.

Look at my car. Its in my sig.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #6
I like both your car and his. I'm pretty easy to please. My car looks like ass right now so anything looks better than mine.

Reply #7
Nothing but Walmart special 98 cents flat black on the front.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
how much do you want for the trim?

Reply #9
It didn't flake or anything?

Reply #10
it just stated to flake will worry about paint when i get back from iraq
:hick:

Reply #11
Is it flat black or primer black?

Reply #12
I spray painted my old 86 cat black. It had alot of rust all over it, including on the roof and inside the doors. I couldn't find any midnight wine purpleish gray, and really didn't want a purple car. The spray paint will fade greatly if its outside for any period of time.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #13
Quote from: Haystack;260508
I spray painted my old 86 cat black. It had alot of rust all over it, including on the roof and inside the doors. I couldn't find any midnight wine purpleish gray, and really didn't want a purple car. The spray paint will fade greatly if its outside for any period of time.

Thats when you spray it again!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #14