Skip to main content
Topic: any Bondo gurus here? (Read 2078 times) previous topic - next topic

any Bondo gurus here?

Reply #15
Your rubber block must have been to soft then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

any Bondo gurus here?

Reply #16
flouresent lighting does not lie either when sanding.  makes low spots stand out like a green fly in a sugar bowl.

any Bondo gurus here?

Reply #17
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?66666UuZjcFSLXTtNXME4X&XEV76EbHSHVs6EVs6E666666--

Well i guess Im going to claim to be a top guru! We just got this whole system at work. Our 3m rep garunteed no pinholes and a perfect mix every time and so far he is right. The new gun takes a new fancy iso tube which for the do it yourselfer im sure would get expensive but since my boss doesnt mind i dont either.

Since you can lay down just the right amount of mud that you need you use less thus needing less sanding. And it really is a handy system.

long story short though, theres is no replacement for good metal work.
Current-
87 Cougar
88 Crown Vic LTD
84 Yamaha Xt600

previous cars -
1990 Dodge Daytona -
1990 Geo Prizm -
1987 Honda Accord - 140mph wonder? Rally ready..... K.I.A. at WOT due to massive head failure. Still had the best paint-job EVER...
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4D -
1969 Falcon Futura w/ Sports Coupe option (now go try and find that? And if you do tell me where it is!!)

The Cougar will never be for sale, Only up for trade on a 68,69 Falcon 2D.

any Bondo gurus here?

Reply #18
Quote from: 87crzypssy;260492
Our 3m rep garunteed no pinholes 

right. that guy seemed like a quack. Yes the system works amazingly. but you cant guarentee that there will be no pinholes. we had about 7 or 8 in a 5x5 inch area. GRANTED the pinholes were probably from the 'tard who spread it on but you cant guarentee no pinholes

The goods outweigh the bads on the machine. but im sorry i'd rather have a gallon bucket of Z-grip and mix my own. The ammount of filler thats in the cartriges on those machines isnt enough and it costs more in the long run to buy more. even with the excess ammounts of filler you have wasted from over mixing, you still have more in a 25$ gallon of Z-grip than you do in a 20$ cartrige of that 3M stuff.

As for answering your question... Take a paint stirring stick around the area where your low spot is and mark the beginning of the low spot and end also and patch in with some filler. by what your tellin us its like what? a quarter sized ding? mix up about a half dollar sized ammount with a little line of hardner and let 'er rip.