Skip to main content
Topic: Leaded Fuel (Read 2468 times) previous topic - next topic

Leaded Fuel

Reply #16
When I brought up that I wanted to build a 331 a few weeks ago....all the replies said build a 347 (blah, blah, blah), visit sbftech, (blah, blah, blah). I really did not appreciate my thread being jacked by someone who most likely does not know how to stage a car in the lights, let alone the differences of a 347 to a 331.

Post in an internet forum and expect responses.  Ask a question and get answers.  Sometimes the correct answer is not what you wanted to hear.  Be prepared.  Don't get me wrong I hate TOTAL misinformation as much as the next guy, but you attacked EVERYONE....
Read through that thread you'll notice that the differences between a 331 and a 347 were indeed handed to you.  They were in the links I provided.  Here they are again.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=8479&highlight=331+347

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=22726

One person suggested you visit sbftech.com and I agreed with him.  That's hijacking?  BTW I believe EVERY person who posted in your other thread knows how to stage a car and has been down the track (life's yardstick, I'm sure).

Here's MY proof:

I have been on this and the other board since 2002 and am sure that you guys that know me, would not think that I just go left field for nothing!!!

I've been on these forums since 1998.  What's your point?  2 others who balked at your above response have been here a LONG time as well.  Most of your posts are within the past couple of months.  Before that there is a 9 month dry spell followed by a few here and there every couple of months or so.  While you may be a long time member your posting style may well not be known due to the infrequent activity.

You went with a 331.  Good.  Have fun with it.  There are 2 sides to the never ending 331 vs 347 debate.  From your reaction it seems you had your mind made up when you asked that question.

I'm rambling....As far as your lead gas question: 
READ THE QUESTIONS FULLY BEFORE REPLYING!!!

Ask things a liiiiiiiiittle more specifically and you can help filter out a lot of the bVllshiznit.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Leaded Fuel

Reply #17
I will make one comment, since your answer came after my post.
When I read your post to me it did not sound like someone who new what the difference was between lead and non lead. So I answered vaguely. why you wanted to use leaded. After reading everything again, I have to ask why you asked, you answered your own question in your original post.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Leaded Fuel

Reply #18
Cool...thanks for all the replies. I appreciate all the honest replies.

As far as the lack of postings go...I am deployed way too much to be a regular. I am finally back on s duty after a 4 year hiatus on the high seas and 5 deployments. Sorry if I did not post as much as I would have liked. You have got to give up a few things when you are gone (or preparing to go)....like anything internet, cars, family (the list goes forever). That's why my T-Bird has two inches of dust on it right now.

Leaded Fuel

Reply #19
Believe me, I've been there and I understand why you posted infrequently. 

4 years active; 6 years ANG here.  Got out altogether in May of 2006.

Stay safe ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Leaded Fuel

Reply #20
NGK or Denso makes lead resistant O2 sensors I cant remeber off the top of my head.

They still foul out eventually but they last a lot longer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Leaded Fuel

Reply #22
With a lead resistant O2 sensor and leaded racing fuel. I should be able to run that all season without the need to replace em until the end of the season. This info is much appreciated. Thanks for the info.

Leaded Fuel

Reply #23
hate to beat a dead horse,  its my understanding that leaded fuel for was for early valves so they dont beat the seats out of the head,  and these newer valves when run with leaded fuel, tend to fail. 

Do you have a local airport and a 55 gal drum??  i have bought 110 octane unleaded fuel meant for turbo prop planes at my local airport.  now to fill a 55 gal drum cost alot, but that is the only way the airport would sell it... either by tank load on a plane or 55 gal drum.
86 t-bird 226k miles and blown transmission