Skip to main content
Topic: Parts for Cats health- 3/12/09 (Read 933 times) previous topic - next topic

Parts for Cats health- 3/12/09

Still need some stuff.

Here is my list of things I think I need. (Pretty much in the importance order)

-fuel line from tank to filter (87-88)

-Plug wires-Pending

-rear shocks (or mustang rears w/ Chuck mounts)

-Good manual steering rack (Stang, Fairmont, Zepher, Capri)

Manual steering shaft

-Rear end (Mark VII would be nice but cant be too picky)

-Cone Filter

-door lock actuators

-87-92 HO Short Block

Not necessary but would like to have

-Dual ps console switch plate

-dew wipes for windows (JC Whittiney is where Ill end up)

-Tail lights

-driver side mirror (83-86 good chrome)

-trunk lid

-headlight buckets (Cougar)

-TC springs or lowering springs for front

I know most of the parts Ill be going to O'Reilly's for but I figured I would see if anyone had some spares laying around. If I have anything you need in my Brokeness sale I will happily trade.

I need the top list first the bottom is more of a wish list, if I can s up the money.
Thanks to Kitz for:
Rotors
Cailpers

Thanks to cougarman for the grill.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1
I'm goin to say this now for O2.s "standard part" # SG-40,
16.5 " of lead wire, direct replacement. You do not have to cut and make wires.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2
Quote from: Kitz Kat;255126
I'm goin to say this now for O2.s "standard part" # SG-40,
16.5 " of lead wire, direct replacement. You do not have to cut and make wires.

I didnt have great luck extending them the first time. Thanks this is even better
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3
I think I have the door mirror.I may be able to get a few items on your list,like the headlight surrounds,header panel,and a lot more,but,the cost would kill you.If you were nearby,I'd take you to the yard that has a lot of those pieces.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;255146
I think I have the door mirror.I may be able to get a few items on your list,like the headlight surrounds,header panel,and a lot more,but,the cost would kill you.If you were nearby,I'd take you to the yard that has a lot of those pieces.

You know Vinnie I think I am going to make a road trip one of these days down by you. It would be worth it in the long run if I came at the right time.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
Where are you located?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
St Louis MO
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
There is a few Cougars down at Fenton Auto Salvage near House Springs.  I think they have a full set of tail lights, among other things.
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Reply #8
Quote from: tireshredder;255179
There is a few Cougars down at Fenton Auto Salvage near House Springs.  I think they have a full set of tail lights, among other things.

Heard good things about them. What years are they?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #9
I have caliper's. for 10".
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
will be sending pm
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #11
Quote from: 86Tbuzzard;255196
will be sending pm

Returned
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #12
I know there is a couple 87-88's, and I think a 4-eyed one out there last time.  They are decent, you can talk them down a bit.
351W in the works

You got woman'd.

Reply #13
Quote from: tireshredder;255243
I know there is a couple 87-88's, and I think a 4-eyed one out there last time.  They are decent, you can talk them down a bit.

Its a bit of a drive.  Not horrible but I have to know Im going to find something to go.

If you stumble on any 83-86s down your way let me know.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #14
No problem.
351W in the works

You got woman'd.