Skip to main content
Topic: need center console for sitck (Read 1453 times) previous topic - next topic

need center console for sitck

Reply #15
i would do it but i need the rest of it. i dont want to buy pice by pice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Reply #16
Quote from: hellsing73;254225
i would do it but i need the rest of it. i dont want to buy pice by pice

good luck then
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #17
and i tought that the lid was tan in them too. i have the plate for the shifter and a lid but they are dark gray and i dont know if i can mach the color
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

Reply #18
Quote from: hellsing73;254239
and i tought that the lid was tan in them too. i have the plate for the shifter and a lid but they are dark gray and i dont know if i can mach the color

As I mentioned before, the 87/88 TC shifter boots and console lids were all the same color, no matter what color the interior was. Even if the interiors were cloth or leather, the boots and lids were all that dark grayish color. Your two main concerns (once you have your console) are going to be finding a console lid in nice shape and finding a console lid with an unbroken latch.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #19
mine lid is in good shape and not broke
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #20
Quote from: hellsing73;254283
mine lid is in good shape and not broke

Then you don't need to look for any other pieces, you just need to find a nice guy willing to sell you a Sandlewood console for a fair price.  :D

Reply #21
Quote from: FLSTCI71;254286
Then you don't need to look for any other pieces, you just need to find a nice guy willing to sell you a Sandlewood console for a fair price.  :D

I think I might know someone.....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #22
lol but i need the pice for the windos and stuff. the in thats on the center console is modafied and i dont like it. and i dont know if i can take the one out of the stock one and use it. the car has the center console that bolts to the seat
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
Quote from: hellsing73;254299
lol but i need the pice for the windos and stuff. the in thats on the center console is modafied and i dont like it. and i dont know if i can take the one out of the stock one and use it. the car has the center console that bolts to the seat

You are saying you will also need the switch plate for the full console because the short console switch plate won't transfer over. That is correct, the plates aren't interchangeable. Ours are all gone, so hopefully, someone here has a switchplate. They'll need to know if you have a single power seat or if your passenger seat is power too. If you don't have a power passenger seat, but you are able to buy a dual power seat switchplate and wiring, we've got power passenger seat tracks.

Oh, one more thing, if you are converting from a "short" console to the full length console, you will also need a special bracket that mounts by the bottom of the dash in front of the shifter. If you buy the console from us, I'll throw that bracket in for free. Thanks, Mike.

Reply #24
Quote from: hellsing73;254299

Not totally sure what you where trying to say. That consolette is welded to the seat frame. Look here

http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/console.html

Explains everything
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #25
i have the thing that holds them. i need to know if i can pop the one out of the short console and put it in the place
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #26
Quote from: hellsing73;254338
i have the thing that holds them. i need to know if i can pop the one out of the short console and put it in the place

You can sit it there. It wont mount to the console. You can just leave the switches laying in the hole until you find a panel too
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #27
i have a full center consle in them both ones a full and ones short. but in the long one the spot for the windows switches and stuff was moded with other switches. can i take the one from the short one and use it in their so i dont have the moded switch plate
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
Quote from: FLSTCI71;254317
You are saying you will also need the switch plate for the full console because the [COLOR="Red"]short console switch plate won't transfer over[/COLOR]. That is correct, the plates aren't interchangeable. Ours are all gone, so hopefully, someone here has a switchplate. They'll need to know if you have a single power seat or if your passenger seat is power too. If you don't have a power passenger seat, but you are able to buy a dual power seat switchplate and wiring, we've got power passenger seat tracks.

Oh, one more thing, if you are converting from a "short" console to the full length console, you will also need a special bracket that mounts by the bottom of the dash in front of the shifter. If you buy the console from us, I'll throw that bracket in for free. Thanks, Mike.

Quote from: DVP;254341
You can sit it there. [COLOR="Red"]It wont mount to the console[/COLOR]. You can just leave the switches laying in the hole until you find a panel too

Quote from: hellsing73;254344
i have a full center consle in them both ones a full and ones short. but in the long one the spot for the windows switches and stuff was moded with other switches. can i take the one from the short one and use it in their so i dont have the moded switch plate

No. You MUST have the switch plate for the FULL console.
NOTHING that is part of the consolette swaps over. The only thing that is the same is that the switches mount to both.

Im pretty sure that everything is listed in the link I posted
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #29
so i cant use the one it got then. i dont think u get what im trying to say
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]