Skip to main content
Topic: I just had a very odd experiance.... (Read 924 times) previous topic - next topic

I just had a very odd experiance....

So its 1245 here....and i stepped outside to take a smoke.

tonight just happens to be a nice still night...very quiet here in the city.  I hear a noise above me and at first i could not place it.....sounded a bit like a model airplane flying overhead.  I finally placed it after about a minute...and got a bit creeped out.  I looked intently up at  the sky a bit, hearing the sound circle overhead and I saw it.....the faint faint green light.  It was a Raven UAV.  These things sound very specific, and I got used to hearing them during my time out on remote battle positions while in Iraq.  I am 100 percent sure that is what it was.  These things are very hard to see at night...but the do give off a faint green glow from the camera mounted on them. 

The question is.....why would there be one flying over Sun Prairie WI?  I can understand a training flight, but it definitely would not be over town.  these things are hella expensive.  And i know for a fact that local law enforcement does not have access to them. 

Any ideas?  if you dont know what a raven is, wikki it.

Just thought it was VERY wierd.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #1
They found you.....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #2
What was in that smoke.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3
LOL

Tobacco nothing else.  Not for many mqny moons.  And im pretty sure they always know where i am since i used to hold a security clearance.

just very strange.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #4
Big Brother is watching.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
gotta put that equipment to use, integrate it into the our "Fairness Act" being revisited.

If you can think of any use for these pieces of equipment, its probably true.  I worked on the initial R&D of this concept in eck Va.  I was amazed at all the hard work and effort we put into the Briggs motor ler to make it quiet only to find out the option was not purchased.  I to saw them all the time in Iraq and they are louder than I like.

Thier uses are forward compatable so do let too much surprise you on thier use.

Reply #6
it's the smoking police.....  don't you know those things are bad for you.... they want you to quit, but they're still doing preliminary recon about your habit before they have the intervention :):flame:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #7
hmm if u go to u tube and look it up there is a ton of videos but they have all been removed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
hmm.

I know county here doesnt have access to the RQ-11.....Im betting it was either ICE or a very ill concieved training flight.

I was suprised at how loud they were at first..... I guess they are too small to shoot down easily, so they dont meed to be quiet.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.