Skip to main content
Topic: Brrrr. (Read 3547 times) previous topic - next topic

Brrrr.

Reply #30
And on the south eastern part of West Virginia we had -1 in Gap Mills last night.

Stupid dog is getting spoiled,, came in whimpering cause his feet were cold.  Probably had something to do with dragging in half a deer carcus to snack on up near the porch.

Brrrr.

Reply #31
We're recording a 0* at this point.  -17 at 8:30 this morning with a -35 windchill.  Ugh...

Brrrr.

Reply #32
It was -27 *f without wind chill yesterday morning.  Much warmer today though.

Brrrr.

Reply #33
coldest I've ever been out side all night for was -17 plus whatever wind chill. That was my first winter working outside. If you took your glove off, your hand was numb before you could put it back on.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Brrrr.

Reply #34
Yesterday morning was -15 with -25 windchill, this morning was -16 and with a slightly colder windchill. Both days the bird started up without too much trouble. Cranked slow but started within 3-5 sec each time. My neighbor asked what I put in the tank to keep the fuel lines from freezing, I just told him plain old 87 octane from Sunoco (which is true). BTW my neighbor thinks my car is a POS cause its three different colors, has belt squeek that I cant get rid of, and the exhaust is broke. Keep in mind his car(newer chrysler) has been in the shop three times since mine has been on the road(<1 year) and mine only needed a t-stat because the previous owner took it out for some reason. The funny part was when I first started driving it, the car had sat for 2 years after I bought it, and he didnt think it would start. I had no fuel stabilizer in it just a 1/4 tank of gas and it fired right up.:hick:

On a side note both trucks at my work wouldnt start yesterday. We keep a truck parked in front of the gate at both stores when were closed to slow down theives, well neither one would start. The F250 at the store I usually work at wouldnt crank so I used our skidsteer to push it inside to thaw, then we get a call from the other store thats about 15 miles away saying that their E250 wouldnt start. I drive over there in our old rotted van with the ol'reliable 300 in it and almost no heat. I get over there and the lines are froze. Fun part is there isnt enough room inside to park it so it can thaw so I had to pull the kerosene heaters out and get it thawed. Needless to say I was about froze by noon.

Oh and whats with people saying these cars suck in the winter? My tires suck and I get around pretty good. The only time it got stuck was when I was out f'ing around and put it in a ditch. [/end rambling]

Anyone else get to freeze their nether regions off these past few brrr-shaging-cold days?
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Brrrr.

Reply #35
My nether regions started freezing two months ago, lol.  My old 88 tbird got around just fine, too.  And started up no problem.  Just one January morning at about -20F, the engine took on a big rap, and the tailpipe looked pretty white.
1987 TC

Brrrr.

Reply #36
The wife's 94 3.8L bird fired up on Friday and I snapped a shot of her thermometer. My 95 5.8L F150 let me down for the first time ever. I had to jump it. Oh well, I guess I can excuse once in 13 years.

P.S. The wind chill was 52 below....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Brrrr.

Reply #37
Blame it on the battery, not on the truck, lol.
1987 TC

Brrrr.

Reply #38
Quote from: FLSTCI71;252408
The wife's 94 3.8L bird fired up on Friday and I snapped a shot of her thermometer. My 95 5.8L F150 let me down for the first time ever. I had to jump it. Oh well, I guess I can excuse once in 13 years.

P.S. The wind chill was 52 below....

that's enough to make
MY nether regions shrivel a bit, sittin' here in the house, lol.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Brrrr.

Reply #39
Gees Mike, moving to Buffalo, would be like moving down south for you. LOL

Heat wave today, 31 deg.
No shriveling today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Brrrr.

Reply #40
well it was wopping 51 today here.
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Brrrr.

Reply #41
It was 21 here. I was rolling around on the garage floor replacing shift solenoids in the trans of the 96. Still didn't fix my problem though.