Skip to main content
Topic: The "Clone" is BACK FROM PAINT!!: ) (Read 7291 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The "Clone" is at paint : )

Reply #30
WOW, looks good. Looks really clean without the side mouldings. :banana:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #31
Thanks :D.  The mouldings are going back on though once I get them cleaned up.  He's gonna shoot them the same color as the rub strips on the bumper.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #32
I thought I read you were getting them redone too, it will still look sharp with them. Love the naca ducts. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #33
really really cool. Wish the scoops were bigger though. Really nice. Cant wait to see it all assembled.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #34
sweet man. thats a beautiful thing right there...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #35
NICE!!!!  Cant wait to see it put all back together.

James :headbang:

Reply #36
That looks really nice Chuck, can't wait to see it put back together

Reply #37
Looks great, and I'm glad to see a "4-eyes" get some lovin' around here.

Down here, gray/silver seems to go to hell very quickly. I've heard a few times that it's the fastest color to go bad down here. (don't know if it's true, though.. and no idea why, if it is.. I would think dark colors would go to hell faster, but I'm no expert on paint so what do I know? heh) Even really good gray/silver paint jobs like yours seem to get eaten up around here in a hurry. I hope that isn't the case up there.. 'cause that looks  sharp.

So, on a side note, did you already know about what I sent you in that PM?

Reply #38
that looks good Chuck!  :D    That is gunna be insane wen its done!! *i think the older foxes are the best, thats why i got one  :D    keep it up!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

Reply #39
Quote from: Bird351
Looks great, and I'm glad to see a "4-eyes" get some lovin' around here.

Down here, gray/silver seems to go to hell very quickly. I've heard a few times that it's the fastest color to go bad down here. (don't know if it's true, though.. and no idea why, if it is.. I would think dark colors would go to hell faster, but I'm no expert on paint so what do I know? heh) Even really good gray/silver paint jobs like yours seem to get eaten up around here in a hurry. I hope that isn't the case up there.. 'cause that looks  sharp.

So, on a side note, did you already know about what I sent you in that PM?

Well, we used "good" materials, so it should be fine.  It's not going to sit out in the weather much any more now anyway.  I've cursed myself with a car that's too nice now :hick: 

YUp, I got your PM.  The Esslinger stuff is nice...but $$$$$... I'll use the money towards something else  :crazy:

Reply #40
Looks great Chuck..... your gonna have a NICE show car there

Reply #41
looks very nice. love the colour too.

Reply #42
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack
Looks great Chuck..... your gonna have a NICE show car there

show car?  :giggle:  you dont know chuck very well then
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #43
no obviously i dont :P

Reply #44
Yeah, this is definitely not going to be a show car.  Once I'm not too scared to touch it again I'll be beating the snot of out it, and it's going to be a test mule of sorts.

The 84 XR-7 is going to be more of the "show" vehicle...

The next project is to get the engine back together enough to run and get the cage welded in there and back out to him to paint that so I can get the interior put back together.