Skip to main content
Topic: to whomever say's that mustang seats bolt into these cars.... (Read 1965 times) previous topic - next topic

to whomever say's that mustang seats bolt into these cars....

Reply #30
comke to think of it, i had put turbo coupe seats into my 92 gls tempo. i love t coupe seats. i might put some in the 00' stang with new covers on em'
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #31
I believe the Recaro seats from the Mustangs were the same ones used in Camaros, Firebirds and other cars (didn't Porsche also use them?). So all of the cars that used them--regardless of manufacturer--had to have special brackets made to fit Recaro seats. That would explain why there are not the "correct" holes in the bottom for the Thunderbird seat tracks.

Reply #32
Quote from: EricCoolCats;246177
I believe the Recaro seats from the Mustangs were the same ones used in Camaros, Firebirds and other cars (didn't Porsche also use them?). So all of the cars that used them--regardless of manufacturer--had to have special brackets made to fit Recaro seats. That would explain why there are not the "correct" holes in the bottom for the Thunderbird seat tracks.

Yes, the Recaros in my '83 are from an VW and the holes on the bottom match the ones on the Ford factory Recaros and any of the aftermarket ones (the old SE style) as well. 
My old Pace Car and RS Turbo's had the factory Recaros and needed the adapter brackets to mate to the Ford seat tracks.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #33
Quote from: vinnietbird;246167
Can you post a pic of your seats?Is there any chance they were sold to you as Mustang seats when in fact they may not be,or do you know for a fact that they came from a Fox Stang?Just checking all the angles of the situation.

they are the original seats from my 66k mile 93 LX 5.0