Skip to main content
Topic: to whomever say's that mustang seats bolt into these cars.... (Read 1965 times) previous topic - next topic

to whomever say's that mustang seats bolt into these cars....

Reply #15
someone show me pics of mustang seats in a tbird/cougar.

1995 Mustang GT seats in an '86 Cougar, stock power seat track, absolutely no modifications needed:

Reply #16

INTERIOR

* 1995 Mustang GT front seats, custom covered in leather, suede and perforated cloth"

http://www.coolcats.net/eric/86convertible/techinfo.html

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showpost.php?p=242919&postcount=3

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showpost.php?p=181007&postcount=13

I cant tell you that all of these just bolted in, but I would bet they do with alittle bit of work.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #17
its kinda funny I pulled up the same picture Eric. You don't mind do you?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #18
Mustang seats (and dash) in a T-Bird:
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15535&stc=1&d=1206718432
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #19
gotta build thread with more pics on that tbird?

Reply #21
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;245119
is that Booksix's car? If so, those are tc seats that were reupholstered.

Believe it is.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #22
I swapped tbird sports seats into my mustang.  Just unbolted the seat tracks and put mustang tracks on the tbird seats.

I dont see why the swap wouldnt work the other way??
Mike

Reply #23
Quote from: sprayin88cat;245046
my car had buckets stock....

the recaros are factory mustang seats,no combo would make them work...

same with the 93 seats and the 86 seats...they were inches off,i would have had to make an extend adapter to bolt them to my power seat tracks...and even then...they sat way to high.

someone show me pics of mustang seats in a tbird/cougar.

What did I say the first time around about the Recaros?  NO RECARO WILL BOLT UP W/O ADAPTERS....PERIOD.  Even in a Mustang adapter rails were used to get then to mate to the stock tracks. You have those adapters, they will bolt to the stock Ford seat rails.

On the Mustang seats, you were obviously loking at something crosseyed.  I have installed Mustang seats in all of my Tbirds/Cougars at some point in time with power or manual tracks with NO mods at all.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #24
Here's the seats outta mine, and I had to tap the 2 holes on the back of each seat's base to bolt on the Thunderbird brackets.
These came out of the ASC/McLaren Capri I had...

I guess it just depends on if your back holes are threaded.
(that sounds perverted, aye?) :evilgrin:

'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #25
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;245779

If your back hole is threaded, you've been screwed. :hick:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #26
the seats in my car i had to make a adapter plate for them to fit.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #27
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;245779
Here's the seats outta mine, and I had to tap the 2 holes on the back of each seat's base to bolt on the Thunderbird brackets.
These came out of the ASC/McLaren Capri I had...

those are the same seats i have.

Reply #28
Quote from: Chuck W;245769
What did I say the first time around about the Recaros?  NO RECARO WILL BOLT UP W/O ADAPTERS....PERIOD.  Even in a Mustang adapter rails were used to get then to mate to the stock tracks. You have those adapters, they will bolt to the stock Ford seat rails.

On the Mustang seats, you were obviously loking at something crosseyed.  I have installed Mustang seats in all of my Tbirds/Cougars at some point in time with power or manual tracks with NO mods at all.

uhm.... ok then genius your not to far away from me,hows this sound.

you can take the FACTORY leather/tweed seats out of my 90s hatch lx,and try to bolt them up to the factory powerseat track in my 88 cougar.

ill pay for your gas...and give you 500 bucks if you can make it work with no cutting/fabbing,just a bolt on and go deal..funnier thing is,your coming into this conversation just asuming im like a newb at building vehicles...or that i am young.

the powerseat track in my cougar has no cut/weld marks...im fairly certain it has NOT been modified at all.

the front bolts will line up,the rear bolts however...are off by about an inch and a half

Reply #29
:popcorn:  This ought to get interesting...

It may be that the Mustang seats need holes drilled and tapped for the Cougar/T-Bird seat track. That's not very common but, depending on the model year of the Mustang, it can theoretically happen. Usually Mustang seat frames have both sets of holes already drilled in them.