Skip to main content
Topic: new gun ban (Read 11547 times) previous topic - next topic

new gun ban

Reply #90
Quote from: JeremyB;243423
Doomination has already begun!
MQ-1 Predator
MQ-9 Reaper

yeah,, no doubt.  I was wondering what oldraven was talking about.  I just thought he had his Tense wrong or something. Hell, i worked on them for the Navy back in the early 90's but when I went over ot iraq working in route clearance, they were everywhere.  This also includes bots with explosives.

new gun ban

Reply #91
Quote from: JeremyB;243423
Doomination has already begun!
MQ-1 Predator
MQ-9 Reaper

:punchballs:

I knew they were working on combat drones, but I didn't know they were in the field already. Asimov would be shiznitting his pants right now.

new gun ban

Reply #92
you think thats the bomb?!

imagine this for a tiny moment...............

Binoculars

you gaze into them
you have a compass, altitude, distance to target, IFF, gps coordinates, night vision or thermal enable disable, wireless snmp, voice recognition, viido on demand cctv,

all the while, what you see and say , command hears / see's as well----anywhere in the world.:bowdown: Now the guy in the field has data in what he points to!  , uplink data to anyone in the strike including the guys in the air.

Opps, a soldier forgot to take them back to his RG31 and I had to hold on to them the whole time he was on mission.  The BMO came down to get them and lets just say sodier x got more than just his ass chewed.

new gun ban

Reply #93
I haven't said a thing about protecting your home or owning firearms, so you can stop arguing about that at any time, shame302. I'm showing support of removing concealed weapons and assault rifles from the hands of average citizens. Civilians.
okay, way to back track. you dont seem to get it. out lawing assaoult riffles is just another step towards outlawing them all. i personally dont think you can ban one reasonably without banning them all. they need to be protected just as much as any other firearm. thats my take on it. you say i need to stop arguing home defense but its a lagitamite reason to own a firearm. if i want to protect my home with an "assault weapon" i should be able to. dont intrude on my property, and you would never see it. you either believe i should be able to protect my home, or you dont.

protecting your home and protecting your person, its all relative. assuming that even though you "havnt said a thing about protecting your home or owning firearms" your veiw is that nobody should have the right to own them. i dont believe for a secont that you are a supporter of gun ownership.

would you feel better if the law allowed a person to carry but rather leagally the firearm by law would have to be exposed?

it sounds more like you have a problem with people having arms at their side period. you do not believe in personal protection.

again, taking firearms weather it be assault weapons, handguns concealed or otherwise are an infringement on or freedom to do so, and would be the road to a thorough ban on forearms all together. (this would make a frightned person like yourself happy) no?

After reading your last reply to Carmen, Shame302, I've concluded that you can type fairly well, but you really don't have much in the way of reading comprehension, or at least your memory is painfully short. The fact that your reply to his comments of hunting include his desire to ban all guns is shocking. No wonder this is going in circles. If we don't read and actually listen to each other, the discussions are pretty pointless, aren't they?

dude, you need to get over yourself.

what exactly did i say to carmen that was so shocking?

Hunting most certainly serves purposes, one of which you admitted to (population control). It also puts meat in the freezer, or do you think I should be forced to buy my food? What if I can't afford it? This was actually the case with me in the year following my car accident, when I was so broke I'd have starved without deer meat and rabbits. It also generates important revenue for government (in particular, the Natural resources department, which is funded almost entirely by hunting and fishing permits).

hunting serves a purpouse. sure. but having the right to own a gun to hunt carries no more warrent than having the right to own and or carry a gun to defend myself. i believe you have every right to hunt. i believe i have every right to protect myself.

"do you think i should be forced to buy my food?"
"do you think i should be forced to allow a preditor kill me, rape my wife and kill her and my children while he pilferages through my belongings?"
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

new gun ban

Reply #94
Quote from: shame302;243610
?"

screw the guns,,
i want death by snu snu:D

serously though, you dont argue with a Canadian.  Your suppose to say Sir , Yes sir.

Then do wtf you want cause you CAN.  Its nice knowing we still have options when many misfortunate ones do not.
Canada is a totally different climate,, longitude, ,, hell its a totally different planet to me sometimes.  They have so many things going on for them that "seem" ok on the surface and get lots of props.  We also have advantages and guns fall very low on my priority list.  Having said that, guns or topics about a ban on them will get my instantanious friction.  I will not bend in the least on any intervention on a ban of a gun and I do have a feeling the "mythical" taxation increase will not come about.  The more you tell america they dont need guns, the more we gotta have.  Its the ughly truth about such a sensitive topic.

The only thing ive gotten from this thread is "america is responsible for all the majority of gun crime in canada". 
NOT TRUE....

the other things covered here are pretty pointless and have been argued to a dead end more times then you can count.

new gun ban

Reply #95
out lawing assaoult riffles is just another step towards outlawing them all. i personally dont think you can ban one reasonably without banning them all. they need to be protected just as much as any other firearm. thats my take on it. you say i need to stop arguing home defense but its a lagitamite reason to own a firearm

Here's a good read for you guys:
http://www.gunowners.org/fs9403.htm

Take note that it has CITATIONS at the bottom ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

new gun ban

Reply #96
Quote from: V8Demon;243617
Here's a good read for you guys:
http://www.gunowners.org/fs9403.htm

Take note that it has CITATIONS at the bottom ;)

Paul
Do you know of any other weapon that can be carried that does not fire a bullet?
taser?

Im just asking because I need to know the answer.  My local police nor myself can find this answer.

new gun ban

Reply #97
WEAPON?

That depends......How about pepper spray?  Some people would consider it a weapon. 

On the PD force continuum it lists at the same level as our expandable batons....

Box cutters or knives to be used in relationship to your employment.....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

new gun ban

Reply #98
awesome link Paul, borrowed some of it. duncashane.

Assault Weapons Not the Choice of Criminals

When the gun control side has it pointed out to them that their sweeping "assault weapons" bans will disarm large numbers of voters, they usually come back with a more limited bill which affects a certain number of scary-looking firearms that they claim are the choice of criminals.
Actually, police departments nationwide agree that criminals do not prefer these weapons:
* Police View: Over 100,000 police officers delivered a message to Congress in 1990 stating that only 2% to 3% of crimes are committed using a so-called "assault weapon." (16)
* Florida study: In Florida, only 3.5% of the guns recovered by the police were guns that could loosely be defined as "assault weapons." (17)
* California study: The California Department of Justice suppressed an official report showing that "assault weapons" comprised only 3.7% of the guns used in crime. (18) While the report was eventually leaked to the media, it received little press coverage.
* Virginia task force: A special task force on assault weapons found that only 2.8 percent of the homicides involved "assault-type weapons" during 1992. (19)
* Connecticut: The Department of Public Safety reports that only 1.79% of all confiscated firearms were "assault type weapons." (20)
* New Jersey: The New York Times reported that, "Although New Jersey's pioneering ban on military-style assault rifles was sold to the state as a crime-fighting measure, its impact on violence in the state . . . has been negligible, both sides agree." (21) Moreover, New Jersey police statistics show that only .026 of 1 percent of all crimes involve "assault rifles." (22)
* Nationwide: The Bureau of Justice Statistics reported in 1993 that violent criminals only carry or use a "military-type gun" in about one percent of the crimes nationwide. (23) * Knives more deadly: According to the FBI, people have a much greater chance of being killed by a knife or a blunt object than by any kind of rifle, including an "assault rifle." (24) In Chicago, the chance is 67 times greater. That is, a person is 67 times more likely to be stabbed or beaten to death in Chicago than to be murdered by an "assault rifle." (25)

Assault-Type Semi-Automatics Often Less Dangerous

California's new assault weapons law bans firearms like the AK-47, which fires a 7.62x39 cartridge, and the UZI, which fires the same 9mm cartridge which more police departments are turning to for their departments' handguns. Neither of these bullets will do half as much damage on impact as the .30-'06 cartridge used by an ordinary deer rifle.
When firing comparable bullets, a 7.62x39 cartridge will generate only two-thirds of the muzzle velocity of a .30-'06 cartridge (2350 feet per second vs. 3140) and barely half of the muzzle energy (1495 foot-pounds vs. 2736). (35) Yet the .30-'06 was invented in 1906, long before the weaker cartridge used by the AK-47. (36)
Why would the military want to switch from a more powerful cartridge to a less powerful one, as it has done? Mr. J. Bolton Maddox, a retired Washington police captain, flatly stated that semi-automatics like the AK-47 were designed to wound, rather than kill. (37) A well-placed shot from any firearm can be fatal. But obviously, a person has a better chance of surviving being shot by a bullet meant to wound a 170-pound man instead of a bullet meant to kill a 500-pound animal.

Politicians Using Assault Weapon Issue as Political Ploy

Advocates of gun bans of this sort continue to claim that criminals and drug dealers prefer these firearms. The evidence suggests otherwise. Of the 72 murder weapons used in the District of Columbia in 1989 which the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was asked to trace, precisely one was a rifle of any kind. (38) Of the 16,370 firearms seized in New York City in 1988, rifles of all kinds totaled 1,028. (39) (A firearm can be seized for any number of reasons in New York City, including a lack of the proper permit.)
Politicians have seized on this issue not because there is a great problem but precisely because this is a visible issue which appears to affect few people. They can appear to be "doing something" about crime without putting people in jail. Governor Mario Cuomo of New York berated the New York Legislature in 1989 for failing to pass an assault weapons ban in order to protect the police. But it turned out that no police officers were killed with an "assault weapon" during the entire previous year. (40)
Similarly, New Jersey Governor James Florio railroaded the legislature into passing a ban on semi-automatics in 1990, even though "assault weapons were not used in any murder in the state in 1989." (41) Furthermore, the New Jersey State Police admitted that at the time the ban was enacted, they did not have "complete figures on their [assault weapons] statewide use by criminals." (42) Yet despite this lack of hard evidence that there was any problem whatsoever, a law was passed which made criminals of the owners of 300,000 firearms. (43)
The events in New Jersey should remind us exactly what a ban on what many mistakenly believe to be a small group of firearms will mean in practice. Even though military-style semi-automatics are a relatively small part of the nation's firearms stock, a ban on such firearms inevitably must affect more traditional-looking rifles and shotguns. There is no way to mechanically differentiate the firearms proposed for registration or confiscation from the ordinary centerfire rifles honest citizens have used for sport and recreation for years.
Now that Congress feels it can ban some firearms, despite the clear wording of the Second Amendment, exactly what protection do other firearms have? Recall that New York Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan suggested recently that Congress could ban the sale of 9mm ammunition on the basis that they had already banned Teflon-coated bullets. (44) This ban, it is safe to predict, will have no effect on criminal behavior, which will lead to cries for still more stringent gun control. New York City's original handgun permit law was sold to the public back in 1911 as a way to stop killing. The City murder rate leaped 18% over the next 12 months. The legislature decided the law was too weak 68 times over the next 70 years -- but fewer New Yorkers than ever feel safe in their homes, let alone their streets and parks. (45)

Military-Type Firearms Are Protected by 2nd Amendment

Assault weapons legislation not only disarms honest hunters and sportsmen while not further troubling the thug and his already illegal and far more deadly sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, but it also cuts out the heart of the Second Amendment to our Constitution.
The Second Amendment was enacted not to protect hunters and sportsmen, but to ensure that the government never had a monopoly of force it could use to oppress the citizenry. Events not too long ago in Panama, China and the Soviet Union should remind us once again that when a government has a monopoly on the means of effective defense -- like semi-automatic firearms -- there is no check upon its appetites.
Even in this country, government officials can go too far. Consider a small sampling of abuses that have occurred in this decade alone:
* In 1992, government agents murdered a mother and son in the mountains of Idaho. The father, Randy Weaver, and a friend had used a deer rifle even more powerful than a standard military rifle to shoot back at the agents. (Before he was killed, the son had also used a semi-automatic military type rifle to return the agents' fire.) Weaver and his friend killed one agent, although a jury later acquitted both of these men, deeming they had used justifiable force in self-defense. (46)
* New York City and Chicago have begun confiscating firearms of law-abiding citizens, report newspapers in each city. In New York City, officials are using registration lists to identify gun owners, while in Chicago, police are making random searches in apartment complexes. (47)
Noted constitutional scholar Stephen Halbrook has dospoogeented that "[t]he British attempt to seize or destroy the arms and ammunition at Lexington triggered the revolutionary shot heard around the world." (48) Some of those arms were among the finest available at the time and helped win America her independence from tyranny. The British could not understand why the colonists wanted to keep their military-style flintlock muskets since the British Army was there to "protect" them. Today, the same question is asked about the paramilitary assault rifles owned by hundreds of thousands of Americans.
The issue has remained fundamentally the same over the years. The Founding Fathers in their wisdom tried to guarantee that no future tyrant, be he domestic or foreign, could impose his will upon a helpless population.
Those who argue that the authors of the Second Amendment did not intend to protect the right of ordinary American citizens to own military-style weapons must contend with the fact that the same Congress which passed the Second Amendment also passed the Militia Act of 1792. This law required every free male between the ages of 18 and 44 to own the same type of rifle that was used by soldiers in the Revolutionary War and to own ammunition as well.

The Supreme Court confirmed this in 1939. The Court stated in U.S. v. Miller:[INDENT]The Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense . . . [and that] when called for service, these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time. (49)[/INDENT]Thus, military-styled firearms are constitutionally protected firearms for individual citizens. The Court's reference to the militia is not a reference to the National Guard but "all males" who are physically able to defend the country.

As stated by a U.S. Senate Subcommittee in 1982:[INDENT]There can be little doubt from [the Militia Act of 1792] that when the Congress and the people spoke of a "militia," they had reference to the traditional concept of the entire populace capable of bearing arms, and not to any formal group such as what is today called the National Guard. The purpose was to create an armed citizenry, such as the political theorists at the time considered essential to ward off tyranny. (50)[/INDENT]This nation has enjoyed 200 years of freedom because, like the Swiss and the Israelis, individuals have the right to bear arms that can be used effectively against would-be tyrants, both foreign and domestic. That is a far surer foundation for our freedoms over the next 200 years than some bland assurances that we have nothing to fear and never will.

~John~

new gun ban

Reply #99
Here's what I think about so-called "assault weapons" (along the lines of ak's, m-16's, AR-15's etc)

The average homeowner is best to use a 12 gauge with a medium size of shot to defend his home, since shot usually won't penetrate the outer walls, and covers a broader area in relation to choke pattern, whereas say...a 9MM will most likely penetrate all walls, especially considering in 99% of jurisdictions it's a felony to defend your home with hollow point or otherwise expanding rounds, must use jacketed rounds ONLY. Next, most people are so piss poor at aiming, add to that, that if an intruder breaks in at 4 am when you are sound asleep, and your ass goes firing off rounds, you'll miss 25 times out of 26, unless you're military or law enforcement, or else just a very frequent target shootist.

Second of all, if you hunt, and not just deer, this applies to elk, squirrels, big game, small game, whatever; most generally, by the time you make the first shot, and assuming a complete miss, the animal is usually running away...makes a lotta  sense to spray 8 or 10 more rounds like dipshiznit, potentially hitting another hunter, right? Considering that most settled areas nowadays during deer season, you can see other people wearing orange, even a CO2 pellet gun can shoot further than ANYONE's naked eye can see.

So there is solid logic that 98% of the population doesn't need a semi-auto firearm to either hunt OR defend their property.
I'll stand behind this argument.

It's one thing to hit a target in near darkness when your absolute calm, but to wake up in the dead of night, and to hit your mark when you're still half unconcious...well...if you can do it, you're a better shot than I am, and I've been handling firearms since I was big enough to hold them up by myself. Hell, after one shot, your sights are no longer on target, add to that that in the heat of the moment, you're going to fire more than once..and...wild shots everywhere but in the target..unless you're a very skilled marksman.

The average citizen, in trying to defend his own home against sudden and unannounced intruers is usually more of a menace to family members than the intruders themselves.
THIS is what makes the gun debate so goded irritating to me.

And in the end, the law-abiding hunters who shoot their rifles maybe 5 times in the whole year are the ones who honestly suffer for the fools who think they have the answers for all.
Yeah...enact ever-tighter gun legislation....and make outlaws out of hunters and sport shooters who are more law-abiding than probably the next president...gotta love the American way. :punchballs:

Tell me why YOU think you need and sks or an AR-15 to defend your home...much less when you have children in that home...do you deer hunt with that semi-auto rifle? Do you keep it locked away from the little people?...

If it's locked up (legally, I might add...how long will it take you to get it out, load it, pen 15 it, and aim it, all without the intruder being alerted to you??)

It's all moot...buy an alarm system, and don't use the "self defense" play as ammo (no pun intended) in this conversation of who should be allowed what guns and why discussion, because sir, that just is a piss-poor reason to own a firearm.

That ranks right up there with having a pit-bull, rott, doberman, (insert "so-called" vicious dog breed here) to defend your home or property, as far as stupidity.

Then again, this could appear to be hypocrisy on my part, what with having 5 rifles for hunting, when you only use one at a time....so be it. I don't use them for home defense, alas, none are even loaded, and the shotguns, and .303 British I don't have any shells for at this house anyway, so I guess I could wave it around and maybe get shot at in the dark, assuming someone is dumb enough to try to steal the jar of pennies I keep on my bedside lamp table or some such. (joke, laugh at this lol)

For that matter, I also have 2 pitbulls outside, but they're 50 yards from the house and locked up in their kennel...I guess my lab beagle mix should be a threat deterrent, right?

All this bullshiznit of arguing who should have what or why they think they should have it is pointless.

Firearms are tools, it's the idiots who acquire them outside of legal means and use them to do unlawful acts that make all of the innocent people who legally use them to suffer needlessly.
I was required to take hunter safety course in school when I was 13 years old, or else I couldn't legally hunt in Missouri...I think every one of that age should take a firearm safety course as a public school-requirement, regardless of whether or not they'll ever handle a gun the rest of their lives or not.

Anyway, I'm tired from work, and I'm tired of people debating gun control.

There IS a difference between being ignorant, and thusly afraid of guns, and fearing what firearms in the hands of responsible, law-abiding citizens means.

If you don't know the difference, then for piss' sakes, look it up on this here intarweb before you go quoting smartass comment about anything on the subject...it really makes me want to come back less and less...comparing a top fuel drag car to a firearm is silly as hell....how many gang banger homies kill someone with a sawed-off funny car?
It's apples to oranges...most likely they're a repeat offender who's not legal to even handle a firearm in the first place, much less posess one.

How many times have you seen a AA dragster being (legally, car shows, and parades and such not counted in this case...)driven down the highway?

I rest my case. :flame:

EDIT:
This from Shame302's last post: (it's a quote, not his actual words, so don't be harsh on me, I'm just relating to the cirspoogestances...)

* In 1992, government agents murdered a mother and son in the mountains of Idaho. The father, Randy Weaver, and a friend had used a deer rifle even more powerful than a standard military rifle to shoot back at the agents. (Before he was killed, the son had also used a semi-automatic military type rifle to return the agents' fire.) Weaver and his friend killed one agent, although a jury later acquitted both of these men, deeming they had used justifiable force in self-defense.

Do a google search on Randy Weaver...he's not the "innocent backwoods boy" that he made himself out to be..also look up Ruby Ridge, etc.

That's all I have to say about this matter.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

new gun ban

Reply #100
psst...Beau...
the point wasnt that an assault weapon is the best way to defend your home. the point is, that if they are banned, other firearms much like the ones you enjoy are next in line. home defense, target/sport shooting, collecting etc. are other perfectly lagit and reason enough to protect them as well as your rights to own them, and guns all the like.

as far as the top fuel buttstuffOGY, for christ sake, is that its an buttstuffogy, not to be taken litterally. go back and read it again. along with the quote right before it. it makes my point by showing how obsurt the previous statement was.

Carm was generalizing the use of cars but wants to segragate assault weapons. well, much like an asault weapon is more purpose based and extreme than a .22 rifle, a top fuel car is more purpose based and extreme than a honda civic. useing the debate that assault weapons only have one lagitamate use (ill pick target range shooting) and should be banned, one can conclude that because top fuel cars, having only one lagitamate use (drag raceing), they should be banned.

hypotheticals here, not literalls. nobody is going to ban race cars.

but hey, if you want to give up some one elses rights to own an "assault weapon", make sure you are ready to lay your own firearms down as well.

~John~

new gun ban

Reply #101
Alright, I getcha there ;).

But using that buttstuffogy....would you turn your 16 year old, newly licensed driver loose in a 1500 horsepower drag car...I grant you, not each and every one could or would handle it safely...same as a firearm. Hell, most adults couldn't either...I seriously doubt I could, for that matter.

Not much difference in that regard, in that a car can kill as quickly or accidentally (or purposefully, even) as a bullet...in the hands of the wrong people, or the uneducated..well...you know as well as I where that can go.

I wasn't implying that the "assault" rifles be banned, but that they merely have no justifiable (to me anyways) place in hunting.

Yes, I know that once they get the semi-auto firearms banned, then our old single shot repeaters will be next, but the hell of it is...when semi-auto assault-type firearms are given a bad rep as it is....it's that reputation that everyone condemns them with.
I kinda think of it as the "pit bull syndrome". I grant you that there are vicious pit bulls in this world...but yet, I willingly chose to become the owner of two of them.
Not for some status symbol, or because i'm a drug dealer (i'm not, just an example.) but because I wanted them. I keep them locked up in a huge shed out of the weather where nobody can wander up to them..not that they'd be likely to bite, they're very friendly to people...but I still don't let strangers and very few other people near them...and not kids...because I'm the one responsible. They've never bitten anything but dog food and the tennis balls i throw for them...and it's going to stay that way, just like I keep my guns secured out of reach of most people.

And...the government DOES have restrictions/limitations on vehicles, although indirectly: insurance, which in most states is mandatory. You also have registration, and younger drivers are usually faced with certain restrictions when they first get licensed. So in a sense it IS comparable. Another example is how NASCAR has safety fences around tracks that they run on.
Kind of apples to oranges there, but it makes the point that fast, high powered vehicles can be dangerous to the public in certain instances, same as firearms...and when that firearm can fire 30 rounds in a minute...and some crazy person is mad at the whole world for some silly reason...well...odds are they're not gonna pick a honda civic of guns.
I really see no point of hunting with a .223 caliber assault rifle, when 98% of ammo for said rifle is fully jacketed, and thusly illegal for hunting in the first place, but nor would I like to see those guns banned because some whacko who's a convicted felon and can't own one legally gets swoggled out of his head and goes crazy with one.

Dale Earnhardt died because a high powered race car he was driving crashed...but did the feds ban race cars..no.
It's a 2 sided issue that will never be resolved to the satisfaction of everyone.

There's no easy solution to it.
Nor do I have an answer, so with that, this is likely my final post on the matter.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

new gun ban

Reply #102
Quote from: shame302;243610
okay, way to back track. you dont seem to get it. out lawing assaoult riffles is just another step towards outlawing them all. i personally dont think you can ban one reasonably without banning them all. they need to be protected just as much as any other firearm. thats my take on it. you say i need to stop arguing home defense but its a lagitamite reason to own a firearm. if i want to protect my home with an "assault weapon" i should be able to. dont intrude on my property, and you would never see it. you either believe i should be able to protect my home, or you dont.

protecting your home and protecting your person, its all relative. assuming that even though you "havnt said a thing about protecting your home or owning firearms" your veiw is that nobody should have the right to own them. i dont believe for a secont that you are a supporter of gun ownership.

would you feel better if the law allowed a person to carry but rather leagally the firearm by law would have to be exposed?

it sounds more like you have a problem with people having arms at their side period. you do not believe in personal protection.

again, taking firearms weather it be assault weapons, handguns concealed or otherwise are an infringement on or freedom to do so, and would be the road to a thorough ban on forearms all together. (this would make a frightned person like yourself happy) no?

dude, you need to get over yourself.

what exactly did i say to carmen that was so shocking?

hunting serves a purpouse. sure. but having the right to own a gun to hunt carries no more warrent than having the right to own and or carry a gun to defend myself. i believe you have every right to hunt. i believe i have every right to protect myself.

"do you think i should be forced to buy my food?"
"do you think i should be forced to allow a preditor kill me, rape my wife and kill her and my children while he pilferages through my belongings?"

I haven't backtracked an inch. Go back and read my posts again, if you like. Every post I've made so far has been about assault weapons and carrying a concealed weapon off of your property. And nothing about banning guns outright. Try to quote me where I said otherwise, slappy. I have nothing against owning guns. I love moose meat. I just don't know how safe it is having random people pointing a device meant for mass murder to protect himself at people he feels threatened by. Our opinions obviously differ here. You seem to be the only one who can't grasp that I'm not going to agree with you. You're just going to have to deal with that, man.

The shocking thing is how, no matter how many times Carmen says he's not for the banning of all guns, you still turn around and say he's out to do just that. You just can't hear/read anyone else's contributions to the thread. It's amazing. You've decided what we're saying, despite what we do.

And banning concealed weapons and assault rifles does NOT lead to a ban on all guns. How do I know? I know because I live in a country that has done this, and look, there's still a hunting season. You can still hunt in the UK and in Australia (though you can't fox hunt in the UK anymore, due to conservation). We're allowed to own guns, and I'm thinking of getting one myself, since having my dogs attacked by animals three times in less than two years. Your extrapolation is false, and proven false. This isn't puppies Germany, which I know so many pro-gun advocates seem to think is the perfect model for gun control. Again, purely false. Who the hell would model themselves after the puppiess? I have feet. Hitler had feet too. GOD  IT, I'M A puppies! Ludicrous, right?

i dont believe for a secont that you are a supporter of gun ownership.

Why not? I haven't said anything to make you think I don't support gun ownership. You jumped to that conclusion all on your own. I just think gun ownership should be restricted. That doesn't mean the same thing you've made up your mind I'm saying. Assuming is the dangerous word there. And if someone's come to rape your wife, one bullet will take the ****er down, as will a pipe wrench in the side of the head. You don't need to pepper the block with a spray of bullets from an automatic rifle. shiznitty, shiznitty excuse to go dangerously overboard. I like the idea of using a shotgun (in the states) to protect your home, because at least now you're only risking the lives of those inside your own home.

new gun ban

Reply #103
the point wasnt that an assault weapon is the best way to defend your home

Assault weapons for defense IS in that link though.....

The LA riots ring a bell?

new gun ban

Reply #104
Wow. "NEED" (as I previously stated) has little to do with it. None of us "NEED" the particular vehicles we drive BY CHOICE. Every so often, someone (including me) NEEDS to drive a truck, or a high passenger capacity vehicle. Other than that, do I "NEED" to have a Hemi car? Or my S-197? Or my 360 powered Duster? Or any of the other 4 vehicles I own?

No. I don't "NEED" them. All I "NEED" is a freakin "SPECK" to get me to the store and back. That is all any of us "NEED".

But are you going to let the government, or some tree hugging fascist dictate what you NEED in a vehicle?

Of course not. And before you say "It's not the same thing".....it is. Except that the constitution gives us the RIGHT to own guns. It DOESN'T give us the right to own some 5mpg motor home, or 700hp "street car".

Guns do NOT kill people. I guarantee I could leave one of mine sitting out on the coffee table for a year or more, and  it wouldn't get up on it's own, go out, and commit some crime. A PERSON would have to use it as a tool for that.

So consider my buttstuffogy to you're "NEEDING" your ride of choice. Cause if you start letting the government legislate out you're "WANT" of one thing you maybe don't "NEED", you may find them legislating out your "NEED" for other things you "WANT"
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]