Skip to main content
Topic: A few Quick Pix...... (Read 8949 times) previous topic - next topic

A few Quick Pix......

Here are a few quicks pics of my T Bird
1986 bird, 306, Dart heads, 550 lift cam, exp. intake, 50lbs injectors, 76mm C&L MAF, Procharger D1R blower 14lbs, 3 core intercooler, 55shot ZEX N20, tremec 5speed, 3.73 gears, auburn pro posi,headman full length headers, 3" exhaust
custom chip by 5.8FastCat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1955 bird 351w, AFR 185 Heads, 580 lift cam, D1R  Procharger 10lbs tremec 5speed, 3.92 Gears

2007 Hayabusa, R-22 pipes, K&N,  Power Commander
192hp

"Imports are like tampons, every p@$$y has one"

Re: A few Quick Pix......

Reply #1
One More....
1986 bird, 306, Dart heads, 550 lift cam, exp. intake, 50lbs injectors, 76mm C&L MAF, Procharger D1R blower 14lbs, 3 core intercooler, 55shot ZEX N20, tremec 5speed, 3.73 gears, auburn pro posi,headman full length headers, 3" exhaust

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1955 bird 351w, AFR 185 Heads, 580 lift cam, D1R  Procharger 10lbs tremec 5speed, 3.92 Gears

192hp

Reply #2
Well.............

192hp

Reply #3
That is one sweet Tbird! :bowdown:

Reply #4
Since you're fishing for responses, here's one:

What is the most ridiculous aftermarket product? Hands down, it's the "little intake fans" and the "throttle body spacers" with the bore grooves. Right there on the list has to be those "underhood exposed filters" that suck in 200° underhood air instead of ambient (70°-100° air from the fenderwell). 10° air temp rise is -1% HP. That's how dynos are calibrated for temperature changes. Does anyone really believe that all those OEM manufacturers designed expensive plastic inlet systems - for the last 20 years - that pull cool air from the fenderwell, hood or grill because they didn't have anything else to spend their money on? Then there's those "factory calibrated" mass air meters that do not use a chip or re-calibrated processor with oversize injectors. They unwittingly reduce the voltage signal to the mass air meter to compensate for the larger injectors at WOT but they neglect all the driveability issues. The result is over advancing timing, lean mixtures, detonation, surging, bucking etc.

Source: http://www.kennebell.net/faq/faq-answers1.htm

Reply #5
Oh yeah, as for the car itself, not bad. Not really my style overall, but looks alright.

Reply #6
Sweet! That blower is really giving me ideas. Love the original paint and welds too.
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #7
I think I recall a guy who used those wheels and stuck some stock wheel covers (this was a crown vic) over top of them.  I'm thinking you should get some crown vic wire wheel covers and stick over top of those wheels for the ultimate sleeper effect.  That pant scheme and the woodgrain dash both sort of lend themselves to the sleeper idea.

Reply #8
But then the cowl hood sorta ruins that sleeper vibe.

Also made me rethink my willingness to use one on my own Birds. I just don't like how it looks on there. If I HAVE to use one to fit the big I6, I will.. but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

Reply #9
sahweeeeet!!!!! :banana:  :banana:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #10
Since you're fishing for responses, here's one:

Quote:
What is the most ridiculous aftermarket product? Hands down, it's the "little intake fans" and the "throttle body spacers" with the bore grooves. Right there on the list has to be those "underhood exposed filters" that suck in 200° underhood air instead of ambient (70°-100° air from the fenderwell). 10° air temp rise is -1% HP. That's how dynos are calibrated for temperature changes. Does anyone really believe that all those OEM manufacturers designed expensive plastic inlet systems - for the last 20 years - that pull cool air from the fenderwell, hood or grill because they didn't have anything else to spend their money on? Then there's those "factory calibrated" mass air meters that do not use a chip or re-calibrated processor with oversize injectors. They unwittingly reduce the voltage signal to the mass air meter to compensate for the larger injectors at WOT but they neglect all the driveability issues. The result is over advancing timing, lean mixtures, detonation, surging, bucking etc. 

Well seeing is how thats the way (procharger) made its setup
(with the filter ) I think thats how I'll leave it since my car has already ran 10.21. And try not to sound so bitter on your response, and I'm glad this isn't your type otherwise mine wouldn't be different than your's.

:evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:

192hp

Reply #11
I like it, in the side shot it looks very aggresive.  And I really like the stock looking paint scheme.

Jim
86 2.3 Turbo

Reply #12
Who's bitter? You have nothing I want or envy. A couple of us were talking privately and decided that you were being an ass by fishing for responses with that "Well............." post only 15 minutes after posting your pics, as if we should all jump right to posting about your car out of sheer gratitude for your generous posting or something. So you got the "honest" response instead of the "generic, blandly supportive" one.

Reply #13
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Play nice boys.

And, blownbirds, I think that Bird351 would have a Tbird 10 times nicer than yours if he wasn't so afraid of climbing underneath it.  hehehe  :giggle:
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #14
And you'd have a nicer Bird if you weren't so busy bringing Third World Momentum to America. See? I can play the cheap-shot game too, bubba.

I'm not afraid of getting under my cars. Happens all the time. I'm cautious about having 3000+ lbs. of metal hanging over my head on a couple jackstands when I have no solid surface like a paved driveway to park on.