Skip to main content
Topic: 1.7 Roller Rockers on E6 heads (Read 1023 times) previous topic - next topic

1.7 Roller Rockers on E6 heads

I got myself some Comp Cam 1.7 ratio roller rockers to put on my E6 heads (price was right). They have roller tips and trunions, Extruded aluminum with adjustable push rod seat (part 1054-16). I also have 87/88 cast aluminum HO valve covers, as well as the original 87 SO stamped steel ones.

My question is whether I will have roller rocker to valve cover interference with either of these valve covers? Are there things I can do to make the HO covers fit. I'm thinking removing oil filler baffle and die grind the covers. Anyone with a similar situation can give me tips on what to expect and what to do?
87 Sport with HO cam, 19# injectors,TB+Upper Intake,87 Mustang EEC, Cloyes double roller timing chain, Kirban adj. fuel regulator and Autometer fuel pres. guage, HO shorty headers + LSC H-pipe and Dynomax Super Turbo lers, Ford Racing 9mm wires, K&N filter / no air resonator, 8.8 XR7 Diff., V rated tires, Project ongoing.

Re: 1.7 Roller Rockers on E6 heads

Reply #1
Use the HO covers as they are taller and take the oil baffle off of the right side valve cover.  It is held on by 2 screws and is located under the oil fill.  You SHOULDN'T have to grind em,  but I have Scorpions and you have Comps so :rolleyes:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!