Skip to main content
Topic: Caught off guard. (Read 3242 times) previous topic - next topic

Caught off guard.

I try to wash and wax my car once a week and since they called for snow this week here I wanted to wash and wax it before it snowed!
My dad caught me off guard in these pictures of me waxing the car.

I can't reach the top of my car to wax it ! So I got some incriminating pictures of the old man!

Now my car is nice and shiny!

Caught off guard.

Reply #1
You wax it once a week? Really? I wax my daily driver 95 about once every 3 months or when water stops beading when it rains. It sits outside all the time and the wax doesn't wear off that fast. Try Meguires stuff. It lasts longer ;)

BTW the Cougar looks nice :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Caught off guard.

Reply #2
it probably doesnt need to be waxed weekly i just like to do it!

Caught off guard.

Reply #3
Quote from: Samantha;240516
it probably doesnt need to be waxed weekly i just like to do it!

Ah so you're trying to blind people as you drive by ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Caught off guard.

Reply #4
yeah i just hate the way it gets so dusty and dirty after a week!

Caught off guard.

Reply #5
Thing looks awesome.
I notice that even on such a perfect example as that car...the front of the hood's gap is still huge. I thought mine was all busted up...I'm starting to think not. I don't think I've seen ONE of our cars on this entire board without a huge hood gap LOL. Seems like everything on these cars is fit together very well...with the exception of the hood. Guess it's pretty reasonable...I see plenty of '60s and '70s vintage vehicles with door, trunk gaps that VARY in width.

Any comments/compliments/jeers from friends yet? LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Caught off guard.

Reply #6
hood gap?
not too many complaints yet just that the back seat is too small but I don't care becuase I dont sit back there!
but i've had plenty compliments on it!
I love that thing.

Yesterday me and my dad had to go to the auto parts store to buy some seafoam for her though becuase it felt like she was stuttering when I would press on the gas she wouldn't go she would stutter so I had to press on the gas harder.
Seems to be ok since the seafoam though.

Caught off guard.

Reply #7
Yea the back seat is where you shove the people you don't like!!! :evilgrin: hehe
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Caught off guard.

Reply #8
Great looking car.I can't wait to gwet mine painted so I CAN wax again.By the way,you only scrambled your tag in one photo.It shows in another.LOL.You really lucked out finding a Cougar in THAT nice of a condition.Nice to see you taking good care of it as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Caught off guard.

Reply #9
haha oops I only seen it in that one! Yeah my dad found it by talking to some guy at a car show he went to.
And his dad was selling it so my dad went to look at it and saw it was in pretty good condition.
And I can't wax all of it . Can't wax the bottom of it becuase the paint just rubs right off.

Caught off guard.

Reply #10
Any future plans for the car,like paint,etc.?I plan on having the Sport painted before Christmas.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Caught off guard.

Reply #11
When spring comes me and my dad are going to clean the paint up or something. but until then no plans since it is almost winter and its really cold outside all the time it would be best if I waited for anything major.

Caught off guard.

Reply #12
I try to wash and wax my car once a week

Yep...you're a chip off the ol' block, alright. ;)

Car looks fantastic! You got a great deal, Sam. I see the bottom of the door on the '85 XR7 is getting really bad though...is your dad planning to install those new doors before winter?

I like your hairstyle, too. :)

Caught off guard.

Reply #13
Quote from: EricCoolCats;240555
Yep...you're a chip off the ol' block, alright. ;)

Car looks fantastic! You got a great deal, Sam. I see the bottom of the door on the '85 XR7 is getting really bad though...is your dad planning to install those new doors before winter?

I like your hairstyle, too. :)

Yeah like father like daughter.
Yeah probably not he's been so busy with work and stuff.
Thanks I just got it cut at work the other day and its so short!!!!

Caught off guard.

Reply #14
I think the only think I would change about your car is I'd add window tint.That's it.It's great looking as is.