Skip to main content
Topic: "It only costs a little extra to go first class"... (Read 2094 times) previous topic - next topic

"It only costs a little extra to go first class"...

Reply #15
No I was waiting for your reaction to the fact that it isnt a..........3.8 :hick: LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #16
Quote from: ZondaC12;240522
No I was waiting for your reaction to the fact that it isnt a..........3.8 :hick: LOL

Well my DD gets better gas mileage :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #17
I dont even WANT to know what this thing would perform like with a 3.8. :rollin: It's going on the road when the cat comes off, but I did test drive it, and it was hilarious going through his neighborhood, at about 25 mph in 3rd probably, easing into it (and it shifted so smooth I didnt KNOW it shifted) and waiting. And waiting. Um nothing happening OH WAIT the speedometer moved like an 1/8 inch LOL.  It will be very interesting to be able to basically side by side compare the power I have now with the power I once had before all the modz.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #18
You can kinda compare it. The Vic weighs about 500 lbs more than the Cougar ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #19
Well yes that too haha

Reply #20
Well, as much as I like the 80-82 Box Foxes, I've never been a fan of the full-size granddaddy mobiles.  Looks like a clean start though  :p
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #21
Haha hey I'm not lookin to go anywhere with it. Strictly a winter vehicle. We'll see how it holds up with me washing it as frequently as is reasonable.

I'd honestly love to drive it as long as it will last me. If I can keep on using it after I'm out of school, great. Not the greatest vehicle for the SNOW....so that would have to be taken into account down the line. But there's going to be a point, when I can AMPLY afford it of course, that the cougar is not going to be a fair-weather even, DD anymore. I LOVE that it is, I love crusing around all summer, but, say, in 2012, when in this state, I'll be able to put Historical plates on it and classic insurance, it will not be a DD anymore. Probably like thunderjet's car...cruises, shows, and weekend romping, prolly take it to work on Friday :D. I could never shelve it. I think that's a sin. But I want it to be more pampered than it is now.

So maybe this will be the summer DD and then I need a FWD or 4x4 snow car. And now we're talking ANOTHER vehicle. Insurance, storage....$$$$$$$$$$. So this is a really idealistic plan. I'll see what happens. Either way, I intend to care for and maintain this as meticulously as I do my other two machines.