Skip to main content
Topic: who wants to try this out? (Read 2796 times) previous topic - next topic

who wants to try this out?

Reply #15
Guy took the same thing from a C5 i think it was and put it under a hatch Civic or CRX I cant remember
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #16
Quote from: motormenace;239793
Why would I want that if a Turbo Coupe can already hang with a Z06 on the top end?

Trust me!, I know and I have a witness....well, the person that instigated the race at least. Anyone have a 200km Canadian speedo so I can switch it to MPH now????:D

Dude, a stock Z06 (or any C5 or C6 Vette) would suck a Turbo Coupe (whether stock or heavily modified) up one tailpipe and blow it out the other. Off the line or top end, it wouldn't even be a race. Turbo Coupes are slick, and have a decent top end (I believe somewhere around 145MPH), but a Corvette is slicker. And more powerful. And geared better. And lighter. Et cetera. If  A TC could ever approach the top speeds a Z06 is capable of (I believe somewhere north of 180 MPH) it probably wouldn't even stay on the ground.

If you "beat" a Z06 in any sort of a race either the driver of the other car pitied you and let you win for a laugh, or he chickened out on the top speed run. I won't say he was a shiznitty driver, because even a shiznitty driver would have handed you your testicles.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #17
Maybe I've missed something or doing it wrong...

How does a 14.1@95.6 car begin to hang with one that runs 11.5@120???

Reply #18
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;239851
Maybe I've missed something or doing it wrong...

How does a 14.1@95.6 car begin to hang with one that runs 11.5@120???

stickers
and a big azz wing
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #19
Why would I want that if a Turbo Coupe can already hang with a Z06 on the top end?Trust me!, I know and I have a witness

..........must have been "opposite day".........

If you "beat" a Z06 in any sort of a race either the driver of the other car pitied you and let you win for a laugh, or he chickened out on the top speed run.

Or broke something REALLY badly.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #20
Quote from: daboss351;239868
stickers
and a big azz wing

Ok thats funny  right there, I don't care who ya are!
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily: