Skip to main content
Topic: New Look!! (Read 1581 times) previous topic - next topic

New Look!!

Here you go Vinnie.Put the R's to use.
Tractions better,but it's a liitle ruffer ride.
Got to check air pressure. I know the fronts to high,thats my abortion of lowering it.will be fixed in the next few weekends.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

New Look!!

Reply #1
Looks really good! I am not a big fan of the Cobras like that anymore but they do look nice
1986 Cougar LS

New Look!!

Reply #2
Quote from: cougar86_89;234812
Looks really good! I am not a big fan of the Cobras like that anymore but they do look nice

I know what you mean,but since I spent 4 bills on the tires there staying on for now.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

New Look!!

Reply #3
Looks nice man.  Everyone always tells me the same thing; "those are overdone" or "don't like Cobra's anymore" but if you want affordable 4 lug rims that look good its really the best choice!  The reason those are so popular is because they look good, plain and simple.  Its about like putting Cragars on a Chevelle or something...you see it all the time but it just looks right!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New Look!!

Reply #4
looks nice man!!  i think a rougher ride is well worth it!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

New Look!!

Reply #5
I like it dude, looks good.. What did you have on before?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Look!!

Reply #6
Nice!

Yah everyone says Cobra Rs are overdone, but the truth is there are much worse choices for wheels then those.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

New Look!!

Reply #7
looks good,
But what about the whitewalls and spoked wheel covers. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

New Look!!

Reply #8
VERY NICE !!!! Gives the car more personality.How much tire pressure are you running.My tires show 51 lbs. max pressure.I was told by the tire shop to run about 40.They feel great and don't rattle my teeth.Are you doing a lot of burnouts with the new tires?I'm not with mine.After dropping that kind of cash,I can't bring myself to ruin them yet.You know,I think the black T-Bird mirrors would look great on your car.If you find a set,I here's what I do with the black ones.I clean them up,and polish the  out of them with Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish after I sand them with 1500 and 2000 grit.they shine like glass,but they are all natural,no paint to chip.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

New Look!!

Reply #9
quik question..... why do i never see anyone with the stock spoiler on any 88 cats? ive got the only one in my area,, havent even seen them in in the boneyard?
[/IMG]

New Look!!

Reply #10
Quote from: daminc;234832
looks good,
But what about the whitewalls and spoked wheel covers. lol

I had that look when I first got the car,didn't last long.

New Look!!

Reply #11
Quote from: massCougarxr7;234844
quik question..... why do i never see anyone with the stock spoiler on any 88 cats? ive got the only one in my area,, havent even seen them in in the boneyard?

um, you dont see them, because they never came with a spoiler...

kitz.....  very sharp looking ride....

New Look!!

Reply #12
oh ok,,, any idea where i can find those body kits?
[/IMG]

New Look!!

Reply #13
Cougar looks nice Cobra Rs look very nice i am not a fan because 2 many people have them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

New Look!!

Reply #14
Nice looking Cougar. I really like that paint color for our cars, and those wheels help with the scheme. I'll agree with Vinnie in that a nice set of black mirrors would really add a little extra something, or maybe do the conversion mirror from the Tempo and paint to match your wheels.