Skip to main content
Topic: SN-95 5-lug swap, 4whl disc Q's... (Read 5715 times) previous topic - next topic

SN-95 5-lug swap, 4whl disc Q's...

Reply #15
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;234199
I read the NATO introustions on how to do it and yes u do need the axles I thought u didn't sorry. Here is a basic way to do it, u can use mustang parts up front too.

http://natomessageboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=018500

No, Lincoln Mark VII parts up front. And that setup depends on what wheels you want to run holmes. Unless you have a hammer and a grinder in your toolbox. And just an FYI, that link only applies to 87-88TCs. ;)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #16
Quote from: BCA;235089
hen without moving the a-arm, I mounted the ’94 spindle, hub & rotor on it and repeated the same steps and it was 2 mm narrower than the ’88 set-up. If you add to that the thickness of the rotor (the last one I measured was 6mm), it would be about 4 mm.

Then my math was teh suck (or more likely my measuring). Thanks for settling that.

Reply #17
Quote from: JeremyB;235130
Then my math was teh suck (or more likely my measuring). Thanks for settling that.

I tried to be as close as I could and put the bubble at the exact same spot both times. I was going to use my 6-1/2 foot level which I believe would be more accurate but the ceiling was in the way. So I'm not going to say that this 4mm measurement is dead on 100% correct but it sure does bring some light to the subject. ;)

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built