Skip to main content
Topic: Engine Harness (Read 1049 times) previous topic - next topic

Engine Harness

Reply #15
I see if the JY in my area has one. What years can I look for or do I have only get it from a 88 5.0 or Cat or can I get it from a 87 do have ABS or does that matter.

Engine Harness

Reply #16
I see if the JY in my area has one. What years can I look for or do I have only get it from a 88 5.0tbird or Cat or can I get it from a 87 do have ABS or does that matter.

Engine Harness

Reply #17
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;235676
I see if the JY in my area has one. What years can I look for or do I have only get it from a 88 5.0tbird or Cat or can I get it from a 87 do have ABS or does that matter.

He needs one from an '88 5.0 ONLY...ABS was only on the TC's ;)

'87 harness won't work without some mods, easier to use an '88 harness, as I did.

Cats and Birds either/or will be fine, long as it's 5.0 and an '88. :D

I knew a guy that modded a 3.8 harness, but can't verify what he did, or even if it was feasible, as he had a lot of issues, but it DID run....sorta... :punchballs:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Engine Harness

Reply #18
I'm goin back to the yard soon,will look again.
Not sure but would a mk7 work?,I know there's at least 1 there.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Engine Harness

Reply #19
no. i need a 1988 thunderbird 5.0 harness. If there is a 1988 cougar 5.0 i might be interested. Thanks Guys

Engine Harness

Reply #20
Theres no such thing as a 88 ho harness.they were all so.
Thats why I mentioned a mk7 they were Ho.All the sensors are just about the same if not the same.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Engine Harness

Reply #21
Going to look today again.They got some new cars in.

Engine Harness

Reply #22
Nothing again.

Engine Harness

Reply #23
bump. I still need the Harness out of a 1988 thunderbird or cougar with a 5.0l

Engine Harness

Reply #24
I hope to be going back to the yard on Wednesday,weather permitting.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Engine Harness

Reply #25
I've got an EEC harness out of an 88 T Bird.
William

Engine Harness

Reply #26
heres a complete harnaee on ebay,It is an 87 though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mass-Air-conversion-ford-mustang-with-map-sensor-87-88_W0QQitemZ150307801365QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33733QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Engine Harness

Reply #27

The description for that harness says it's for a Mustang.  Purportedly, Mustang harnesses won't work in our cars without extensive modifications.
William

Engine Harness

Reply #28
Quote from: 88 Blackbird 5.0;241431
I've got an EEC harness out of an 88 T Bird.

I ended up finding one, but do you have the altenator harness for the 88?

Engine Harness

Reply #29
It's my understanding that most guys just splice into where the alt wires come out of the headlight harness.  Since the alternators on TC's were on the opposite side of the engine bay than what Sports did, I think a lot of guys splice in and extend the harness.
William