Skip to main content
Topic: My 97 Saturn SC2 (Read 3447 times) previous topic - next topic

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #15
Quote from: 86elan;233541
You should spend more time on your TC. I understand having a DD is important but with the money wasted on that thing you could be doing something worthwhile to a cool car instead.

But if I'm not mistaken, he already had the Saturn... Uuhhh, "fixed up" prior to buying the TC...

I'll X4 on the injectors, what possible improvement can they make???

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #16
Yes I had the Satty before the TC, I got the TC cause the stupid motor started rocken and a nocken down Interstae 95 going to see the EX. It got 23mpg in the city w/Injectors, 33 on Hwy. I got hit and the insurancepaid for the body kit and paint job. I am changeing the color to blue.

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #17
Quote from: tc²;233565
In no way do I condone ricing, but if I were to do so, I'm pretty sure step one wouldn't be "Buy Saturn".

ROFLMAO!!!
Quote from: thunderjet302;233610
:rice:

X2
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;233635
Yes I had the Satty before the TC, I got the TC cause the stupid motor started rocken and a nocken down Interstae 95 going to see the EX. It got 23mpg in the city w/Injectors, 33 on Hwy. I got hit and the insurancepaid for the body kit and paint job. I am changeing the color to blue.

Gee, I wonder WHY it started knocking....  your injectors killed it....:mullet: fuel wash...

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #18
I would give up and start over, or not at all...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #19
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;233631
But if I'm not mistaken, he already had the Saturn... Uuhhh, "fixed up" prior to buying the TC...

I'll X4 on the injectors, what possible improvement can they make???

Yeah but he's talking about repainting a car that has recently been painted, I would spend that time and money on the TC. It looks like the TC needs paint worse than the Saturn anyways.

I'm really curious about these injectors as much as everyone else.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #20
A friend of mine did some work for a guy that had just bought a new set of what he thought were stock injectors, but when I googled them It came up as 454 factory Rodshester  injectors they were brand new and not rebuilt. No one believes it but its the truth.

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #21
A friend of mine did some work for a guy that had just bought a new set of what he thought were stock injectors, but when I googled them It came up as 454 factory Rodshester  injectors they were brand new and not rebuilt. No one believes it but its the truth.

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #22
My friend did some work for a old friend and he payed him in the injectors for me cause I blew one, so I googled them to resurch the psi on them and found out they were 60psi Rodchester factory 454 big block injectors. No one believes it but its true.

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #23
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;233914
My friend did some work for a old friend and he payed him in the injectors for me cause I blew one, so I googled them to resurch the psi on them and found out they were 60psi Rodchester factory 454 big block injectors. No one believes it but its true.

What are you saying?

A. The 454s are 60s?

B. The Saturn had 60s and you replaced them with 454 60s?

C. You have no idea

D. FAIL

What are we suppose to believe, I dont even know what your saying to believe it.
1986 Cougar LS

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #24
So they are flow rated @ 60 PSI.......

That means [SIZE="6"]ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.[/SIZE]
The volume that an injector flows at a given pressure is what's important.  You have only half of the info and it's the less important half at that. 

Do yourself and the rest of the world a humongous favor. 

Until your brain actually starts to ingest some of the information that is readily available to you DO NOT WORK ON ANOTHER VEHICLE!

Your wasting your time and money while breaking stuff and buying obsolete and outlandishly expensive relics that probably will hold no value in the future (the TRX rims)

It's becoming hard to stomach the failure unfold.......
I have to ask you this and I am asking it in all seriousness. 

Do you have some type of learning disability?
Again I am not trying to be funny.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #25
So your Saturn takes the same size, (meaning rate of flow) injectors as a 454?

Big Fvcking whoop.

I think I'll go shoot myself now...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #26
So your Saturn takes the same size, (meaning rate of flow) injectors as a 454?
That means what to me..?
Big Fvcking whoop.

I think I'll go shoot myself now...:shoothead
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #27
So, even IF the injectors work fine on the car and the flow and pressure ratings are probably the same that just means the parts are interchangable and there is no reason to list that as an upgrade when you are bragging about your car. It's irrelavent.

Injectors wont improve the performance of your car unless it's been heavily upgraded and the stock injectors are not supplying enough fuel.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #28
Hey Paul, tell us what's really on your mind... :rollin:

My 97 Saturn SC2

Reply #29
The saturn orignialy came with 32psi injectors.