Skip to main content

Poll

8 spark plugs for a 5.0

Total Members Voted: 15

Topic: spark plugs E3 or bosch (Read 2139 times) previous topic - next topic

spark plugs E3 or bosch

I’m looking to chang the plugs and I saw on spike TV they did a nice thing about these E3 plugs they seem nice and the money isn’t too bad either. The question I have is whats you guys take on them, and how do you compare them to the Bosch platinum +2 & +4s. And just plain motor craft plugs indexed.
 The reason indexing is out for me is no matter how much I read about it I have no practical experience w/it so I just don’t trust it being done right.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #1
I've always had good luck with the NGK V-Power plugs.  Other than that I only use AutoLite.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #2
I always had luck w/ the motorcraft plugs it just now I’m looking to do a little hotRoding to it. Like I said on spike TV (power block) they stated on the dyno they found a few HP don’t remember exactly how muck much I think it was 7 and on a chevy so I figure they were worth looking into for stock replacement aftermarket part.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #3
Bosh plugs have no business being in a domestic vehicle.:punchballs:  I have Autolites in my 88 and in my 89' Stang. In my GM's I run Delco plugs.
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #4
I run Motorcraft or Autolite in my V8 car

I run NGK in the Turbo 4
Mike

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #5
Quote from: Innes;232700
I always had luck w/ the motorcraft plugs it just now I’m looking to do a little hotRoding to it. Like I said on spike TV (power block) they stated on the dyno they found a few HP don’t remember exactly how muck much I think it was 7 and on a chevy so I figure they were worth looking into for stock replacement aftermarket part.

Don't believe what TV/mags say about "this little part added 7 hp".
1. They are being paid by the company to *test* the part so of course they get some gain and
2. Who can even feel a 5-7 peak hp improvement? Not me.

Just get some standard Motorcrafts or Autolites. They cost less, work better, and you won't miss the *7 hp* ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #6
im running NGK plugs in my 5.0
not a single problem, and they have worked great since day one!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #7
I just can't say it enough. NGK's or  Autolite's. Maybe some motorcrafts that are indexed if I was racing and then I'd opt out for the Autolight racing plugs. As for the Bosch +2's and + 4's JUNK! I have seen some improvement with the +4's in C.O.P. style ignigtion. Still for the cash get those NGK's or Autolights!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #8
I have heard of Bosh plugs blowing threw the block in a domestic car, there plugs are made specifly for BMW's Mercades and other German vehicles.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #9
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;233262
I have heard of Bosh plugs blowing threw the block in a domestic car, there plugs are made specifly for BMW's Mercades and other German vehicles.

*sigh*

No, they are just made in Germany...that doesn't mean that they are ONLY for German cars and do nasty things in domestic ones.

I guess I better run out and pull my puppiesanese plugs (NGKs) out of my German, Swedish and American cars as they must only be made for puppiesanese ones. 

If you want to try the E3 plugs, do it and decide for yourself.

As of right now, NGK's (V-Power) are my new first choice for plugs.  Everything I have put them in have started quicker, idled smoother and run better than the AutoLites ever did.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #10
NGK are great for all cars. They are the best I have seen Plugs wise.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #11
hows come i have not seen a difference?
I wont spend money on super duper plugs if they dont seem to be any better.  Maybe the capablity of "X" plug is very different from other plugs but if your coil is not capable of exploiting that advantage ,, why bother.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #12
V-power plugs aren't "super duper" and don't cost all that much more than Autolites, etc.

I'm also not talking about feeling a difference after replacing 10-15K (or  older) plugs either.  The ones I just swapped out had maybe 2K on them each (The Bird and the Volvo).  They had Autolites in them as I needed them quick at the time.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #13
Bosch plugs are . RUN away from anything with bosch on it when it comes to ignition parts for your domestic car.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #14
NGK u have to replace every 20-25K miles.